Glass Baby Bottles.....

Does anyone make candles in the glass baby bottles. If s, what size wicks do u use (& what wax are u using?) I'm going t attempt to make some for my sister-in-law's baby shower in May... So I need to start testing. TIA:wink2:

Bea,

Where did you find glass baby bottles? I've been searching for them everywhere for the same purpose. I've made some in plastic bottles, but makes me very nervous. Would be for decorative purposes only, not to burn. I use eco wicks in palm wax. The plastic bottles won't melt when you pour wax in them, but they don't hold up when, or if, you have to use a heat gun! If you could let me know where you got your glass bottles from, I'd be forever grateful!

Sandra

"Where did you find glass baby bottles?"

You may have a hard time finding them as they dont make many glass bottles any more. I know when my baby was born we had a bunch of the glass bottles that came with formula in them from the hospital. I know some people make candles in the baby food jars.

As for the wicking, you would probally just go by the diameter of the bottle. Most baby bottles are 2 inches wide(After washing bottles for a year, I know alot about them lol:) ) so probally start with a zinc 44.

I got my little glass baby bottles from babies r us about 4 years ago....but i bought a bunch and haven't needed any more for awhile, so I don't know if they still have them. According to my notes, the zinc 44 worked perfectly on my tested one, everyone from the shower insisted they weren't going to burn theirs tho. I definately wouldn't use plastic, not with a wick! hth

Thanks for the link, Demenshia. I'm an RN, and checked with our local hospital, they only use plastic. Checked the samples that we give out at our dr's office, plastic! The glass ones are expensive, but guess I'll have to bite the bullet if I don't find any others.

Mexitan,

I have a friend that had a baby recently, the hospital actually gave her a bunch. But I'm still searching for more though.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will post some pics when I make them!

I make the the glass baby bottle candle & w/ J223 wax I use the 44zinc wick. Everyone that buys one does say they will not burn theirs either, but just in case it's best to know it's safe. HTH~

Hi, you can get these from Enfamil, they are the small chubby glass baby bottles, but infamil still gives them out in my hospital diaper bags as samples for new mothers. I was told you can go to www.enfamil.com, and contact them by e-mail. A friend of mine ask for a few samples, and they sent them to her.

I did find several on ebay...

http://baby.search.ebay.com/glass-baby-bottles_Baby_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsacatZ2984

I scented mine Baby Powder (yeah, i know, real original) and tied pink and blue curly ribbon around the necks of the lids.....came out very cute and made adorable favors....altho the girl elected to give them as "prizes" for the games since they were a little pricey, due to the bottles.

Very interesting thread ... my niece is having a baby in a few months ... I think I'll do some research. I've never thought about making candles in a baby bottle. What a great idea for a baby shower.

Did anyone try to order them, they are out.

This is why...

Please note: Due to the article recently released, WE (Natural Baby and the manufacturer, Evenflo) are out of stock on Glass Baby Bottles and Nipples. The number of Glass Baby Bottle orders has increased by 1000% within the last week. We recommend placing a backorder with us to get in line so we can ship the bottles and nipples to you as soon as we get them in stock. Also, anyone selecting Next Day and 2nd Day shipping WILL receive the bottles quicker once we get them in but they will NOT be shipped from our warehouse any faster. We also do not have an expected date at this time as Evenflo has not given us one. They are working at producing more bottles as fast as they can in light of the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you can be patient with us as we try to fill ALL orders in a timely manner.

Article: Toxic Baby Bottles http://www.environmentcalifornia.org/reports/environmental-health/environmental-health-reports/toxic-baby-bottles

Back when I first started making candles, it was my idea to make a candle in a glass baby bottle. I looked and looked and couldn't find any anywhere. I ended up finding some on E-bay. I paid a whopping dollar amount for three 4 oz and three 8 oz. WELL, since there was no way to test, test, test, test, test with only having 3 bottles....I decided to forget about it. I gave the 4 oz bottles to my mom who babysits, and the 8 oz bottles now hold my wooden skewers.

very interesting link candleman. wonder how long that waiting list is

--------------------------------

I tried to find glass baby bottles for this same idea about 6 months ago before my granddaughter was born, you simply can't find glass anywhere, not around here anymore. It is a cute idea.

Love this thread! My sister is due in August. I already made here a, yes you guessed it, baby powder, blue colored (hum, she's having a girl :wink2: ) JJ. But before I made it I was thinking how cool it would be to make one in a bottle, but after having two babies knew all were plastic. But there is hope, although like you all said the glass bottles are expensive. I'll have to do more research and see if its worth it for her shower, or if I should spend the money on diapers for the little guy. Boring, but practical. I think I would prefer fun over practical, he's going to be my first nefew after all:yay: Love to hear any updates you find and I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the input!

I did find someone on Ebay that had enfamil bottles, but looks like they may go for higher than I want to pay. I listed an ad on freecycle for the baby food jars and bottles. Someone is saving baby food jars for me (my grandchildren have outgrown that stage), but no responses to the glass bottles. Who would have thought that they'd be that hard to find!