Clear label Question

kidsngarden

I have an opportunity to put my body butter on the counter of a very high end store - provided I have high end packaging. So far they really like a cobalt blue jar with a silver lid. Or maybe clear with a black lid. The white waterproof labels won't do...

If I buy clear labels, print in a lighter gray (for the colbalt - black for the clear) with a laser printer, will the ink smear with lotioned hands?

My other alternative was to do a round label for the bottom with the boring stuff and a hang tag with the product name and fun stuff.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Bethany

I use a crystal clear label from Online Labels and print them in black on a laser printer for my clear jars. I used to double label, but after a while stopped doing that and I've not experienced smearing from butters or lotioned hands on the unprotected labels.

Good luck on resolving your packaging issues and getting your butters on their counter! :) Sounds like a great opportunity.

I haven't had any problems with clear labels smearing or bleeding when printed on my laser printer. I get mine from Onlinelabels.com, and love them. The only thing I've ever seen with the labels is the "ink" can be chipped off. Basically, if you scratch at it with a fingernail, it can come off. But I thoroughly tested the clear and the poly labels when I got them with water, soap, and oil, and they all came through beautifully.

I thoroughly tested the clear and the poly labels when I got them with water, soap, and oil, and they all came through beautifully.

I finally found something that my labels don't stand up to...my Pomegranate Flavor Oil! It arrived today, and I've been pouring all afternoon into my nicely pre-labeled bottles (trying to speed things up so I can get these out the door!), and if I spilled at all, it rubbed the ink right off. But then again, this stuff will eat through plastic, so I'm not all that surprised. I know there is some Sweet Orange EO in it, so I'm guessing that's what did it (cuz I didn't have this problem with the other flavor oils).

Lesson Learned: Test all applications, as it can surely vary! :D