Walnut Hill

Yes! Used a handful of their scents back in the day when I had a shop about 20 years ago. I took a sabbatical and returned to chandlery about 2 years ago and now have an online store.

I will forever seek a duplicate of their cranberry, vanilla and cinnamon. No, it wasn't the most expensive but if you used a bit more the throw was spectacular. I have found a close cranberry called cranberry relish from NG but the throw is not what I need... I never knew if they were a repackager or they made their own... do you?

I used Walnut Hill also. When they burned down and stopped selling FO they gave me a list of the suppliers were the FO's I used were from. Here is what they gave me....Chemessence; Andrea Aromatics and Alpine. There was one more but I don't remember it. Chemessence had the vanilla. I think they had other suppliers as well but HTH. Chemessence will send you 4 free samples at a time, before you order.

Janette

I do mix most of my own and those are three outstanding components to several of my blends. I can come close to my orig creation but if I could find these last three, then my previous repertoire would be complete! I actually rec'd a great response from Andrea Aromatics from the VP and he was extremely generous with his answer. I haven't tried their scents yet but with the quick response to my inquiry I am going to. Hard to find that type of services nowadays!

Thanks for all the responses!

Thank you - I sent them an email and visited their site. Do you know if they sell fragrances still? I saw alot of 'production' type verbiage but not your typical "here's our fragrance list" thing...

It was years ago...but they sent me a partial list of their FO's. I think they have literally a thousand or more. Ask them for a list of "candle FO" as they make many other scent products.

The Vanilla from Chemessence is: #21421. They also have a crazy number of FO's and usually several of each one. They will send you a free sample before you order to make sure it is what you want.

HTH

Janette

• 13 years later...