Bath Teas

ladysj

I finally got some heat sealable tea bags so I'm ready to make some tea bags. For those of you that make these do you use all herbs or do you add some salts to them to keep the bag from floating? Will the scent from the herbs be enough scent the water or do I need to add some eo's or fo's?

What size bags do you prefer? I have the large 4 1/2"x3 1/2" and to me they just look too big/bundlesome.

TIA for any help.

Sandra

Hi, I have been making tea bath bags for about 10 years mostly for myself and just add them to my product line this year. I love them and I use the large ones because after you stuff and iron them the bags aren't really that big. I use the jumbo size 5x4. I don't know if the salts prevents it from floating or not. I always use salts in them because they bring out the scent or the salt absorbs the scent, not sure which one, but it smells great. I use a sea salt or ancient sea bed salts that is pink in color. They have lots of minerals and makes the water very soft and soothing. Good luck they are fun to make.

Thank you for your reply. I have several different herbs, mints, lavender, chamomile, calendula, rosemary, jasmine flowers. So I'm assuming that I would add fo's that compliment these herbs right? Would you mind sharing where you buy your salts? TIA

Sandra

I buy my salt from www.realsalt.com The salt is worth it. The salt is pink in color and add alot to the bath. I use both the coarse and fine. It is a very unique color. I grow my own organic herbs and dry them, so that helps alot. I have never used jasmine flowers, but that would be a nice touch. I have added just a drop or two of essential oils because a little goes a long way and let it absorb into the mixture for at least a week before putting it into the tea bags so they won't get wet. Good Luck!