My Attempt At Rustics (pics At Last!)

Well, finally got my pictures off of my phone :yay: Here goes, hope this works.

Warm vanilla sugar and Strawberries and cream.

DSC00444.jpg

The one on the far right was my first attempt at rustic, not so rustic though, just full of holes! Smells devine though - Blueberry cheesecake yumm.

DSC00441.jpg

Very first rustics that actually came out rustic lol. Again, Strawberries and cream.

DSC00440.jpg

Go easy on me i'm new to this :cheesy2:

Anjie,x.

Thank you!!

I think they had been burning there for just under an hour, they were the 3 I made for testing, the small one had an LX20, the medium an LX22 and the big an LX24, after 2 hours they were all looking good but on the 2nd burn the LX22 and 24 started bulging out the side of the candles, the LX20 is still being burnt though and going good.

Anjie,x.

well done anjie,

they look lovely and sound delicious :)

I can't believe you're burning them lmao I must make some to test instead of just practicing the finishes of them.

I need to sort out a lot of diff wicks first. Where in uk do you get the LX ones? I thought that was an american terminology? I thought we in the UK had things like 54-32-18 (ish) :D

LOL I thought it was about time i started testing them instead of just looking at them :D

I got the LX wicks from www.candelights.co.uk along with my wax.

When I said 'bulging out the side' i meant that the wick was too big a started to melt the candle out the side - at the top. It started collapsing out the side and left a bulge.

Anjie,x.

ETA: Yes my phone takes great pics! Although I am still crap at taking them *LOL* Sony Ericsson K800i, its got the 3.2 megapixel Cybershot camera on it.

Wick, I know!! But I cheated :neener: I made 4 and one is still sitting on my fireplace :thumbsup: LOL.

Here's my latest, and omg the cold throw on it is amazing!! Coffee caramel creme. Yu u uuuum. I love this sent. Not too sure on the colours though, the 'sand' colour turned out much lighter than it looks in chip form.

DSC00450-1.jpg

I've got some marzipan fo to try out, might try some stripeys.

And thanks Smokin' :D

Anjie,x.

well done anjie' date='

they look lovely and sound delicious :)

[indent']

I can't believe you're burning them lmao I must make some to test instead of just practicing the finishes of them.

I need to sort out a lot of diff wicks first. Where in uk do you get the LX ones? I thought that was an american terminology? I thought we in the UK had things like 54-32-18 (ish) :D

LX wicks are German, not American.