Aroma Beads

Hi all I make aroma bead car air freashiners by taking a metal cookie cutter and placing it on a cookie sheet. Then I add a layer of colored and scented beads to the bottom of the cookie cutter bake at 350 for about 5 to 10 min I take them out and let cool then remove from sheet and cookie cutter punch a hole in the top of it add a gold or silver string to it place in a sealable hang bag and label and there ready to go. Note tho some FO'S don't do well in cold weather.Also when I make my beads I use 4 Tablespoons of beads and 1 tablespoon of scent. Regina

Ok....where did I go wrong.....I used 1 cup beads to 1/4 cup scent........one fo (soapy clean) was dry in a week.....the OTHER two (Little Black Dress and Pink Sugar) are STILL not dry after two weeks......I added another 1/2 cup of beads......a week later.....still not dry............anyone have a ratio for using a CUP of beads and how much fo?

Ok....where did I go wrong.....I used 1 cup beads to 1/4 cup scent........one fo (soapy clean) was dry in a week.....the OTHER two (Little Black Dress and Pink Sugar) are STILL not dry after two weeks......I added another 1/2 cup of beads......a week later.....still not dry............anyone have a ratio for using a CUP of beads and how much fo?

Four ounces of beads equals approximately one cup.

My recipe is 4 oz beads (one cup) and 1 oz fragrance.

That has worked great for us!

I have tried several scents with the aroma ornies. They don't last long at all in a car (not even 2 weeks). I had 5 other people try them. I know it takes heat to throw the scent but being in Middle Tennessee, heat isn't a problem.

I do use the sachet bags now. They seem to work MUCH better. Not sure if popping them in the oven was doing something to the FO or if our high 80's weather constantly just zaps them FAST. For the guys, put the sachet UNDER the seat (just not on the dash because the oils can stain the dash). Problem solved :grin2:

I use 1 tablespoon FO to 4 tablespoons of beads (or doubled for a 12 oz jelly jar full). I didn't feel good one day and had several jars sitting next to me. I took turns shaking them all MANY times during the day and didn't have one scent that wasn't absorbed by the next day. Shake those beads ALOT or it will take a while for the oils to absorb in the beads. If you can't shake them much, expect them to take up to a week and on some oils like vanilla alot longer. If you are using a citrus scent like Orange. Watch those beads carefully. Something in the citrus scents actually make the beads clump together and a little fork can help separate them.

Hope this helps some!

With the above recipe, MOST FO's take a week or so to really absorb...some take longer - but never more than two weeks.

I had a Cajun Candle Vanilla Bake sachet in my car since last summer...it started to give out a month or so ago. Granted, in the colder months, it does take a sunny day to get the scent going, but I usually point one of the heater vents towards it and it perks right up!

• 3 weeks later...

Demenshia, Your ornies are beautiful!!! Where did you get the great cookie cutter shapes? Love the shell one!!! Have done some sachets and would love to try some ornies now. Can't seem to find cookie cutters tho. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places :embarasse Could you tell me where you purchased them?

Thanks,

Lorraine

Demenshia, Your ornies are beautiful!!! Where did you get the great cookie cutter shapes? Love the shell one!!! Have done some sachets and would love to try some ornies now. Can't seem to find cookie cutters tho. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places :embarasse Could you tell me where you purchased them?

Thanks,

Lorraine

Not Demenshia, but here's one site for you http://www.cookiecutter.com/index.asp

I get them from several places online....such as cookiecutters.com. I also grabbed some of them from stores when I see them :) do a search on here or google metal cookie cutters and you'll find tons of different shapes :) Thanks for the compliments btw :)

Thank you. I guess I'm going to be buying some more supplies. I've been reading about these. It's time to order the stuff and get some made.

I don't know why I waited so long to do them. I love them. It's nice to have something simple to do when you're tired of pouring candles lol

If it is Aroma Beads you have then food coloring will not work. With Aroma Beads it must be an oil based dye. If you had the Smelly Jelly crystals then you would be able to use food coloring or andy type of water based dye. HTH