Aroma Beads

For those of you that put these in the organza bags. How much do you put per the small bags? Do you then package them in a cello bag? Also, what would be your most popular fragrances for vehicles. I just have a hard time trying to figure out which scent. TIA

I don't have my papers in front of me, but I believe we put about 1 1/2 oz of beads (I was anal..needed to put each bag on the scale so they would all be "even" - lol), closed the bag and tied it once, put it in a polypro zip bag, folded a cardstock label we had made - name of scent, business, etc on front and warning label on back and stapled, then hung on a display.

Our best-selling scents were Vanilla (Cajun), Mulberry Madness (Cajun), Christmas Tree and Dreamsicle. We are still trying to find a "men's" scent....we were thinking Leather. Sandalwood did not go over very well....lol

I put 1 oz in an organze bag, then put in a cello bag and seal the end. I put my labels on them as well stating not to set on plastic or wood, etc. So far my best selling scents for these are mango papaya, strawberry, baby powder, and ocean. I offer them in all of my scents though. HTH

Hi Jane42!:)

I read that you were trying to think of a good "man scent"? I just started making the aroma bead sachets and our "man scents"are, Drakkar,Tommy Boy,Applewood Balsam and Leather... so far. HTH:cheesy2: Kimmeroo

On the BCN site they said 1 tbsp. fo to 4 tbsps. beads. Do you find that you have to use more fo on the lighter scents or does that make any difference? Can you use fo's that are just for B&B?(now I think that was a dumb question) lol More coffee lol

I'd like to try this. I just ordered some beads from BCN. I searched the gallery but couldn't find any pictures of these types of car fresheners in organza bags. Also, what is the advantage of doing them this way vs. scenting the cardboard cut outs? Is it strictly appearance...just another look for car fresheners? I ask because I'd like to try the cut-outs also. Thanks

I've done the cardboard air fresheners and I have 4 different fragrances of the beads soaking. I really think it's more individual appearance preference. I don't think guys would be too crazy about having an organza bag hanging from their rearview lol but, there again I could be wrong.

I also think the aroma beads are suppose to last longer than the cardboard ones but, if you soak the cardboards real good they last quite a while. HTH

ETA: I thought of a couple more questions. What price range do you gals charge for yours and if you add glitter/mica when do you add it?

The beads can also be heated to make the shaped ornies :) That's why I use them as they have multiple purposes where as the cardboard cutouts don't. I don't put mine in sachets anymore as I use scented salt rock for that now, but for the ornies I charge depending on the size of the air freshener...but retail aroun $3.75-$3.95. I tried adding white mica to mine but didn't really care for the look. hth

I've done the sachets with the aroma beads in Ms. Randy's Vanilla Bean (WF), Cinnamon (Peak), and Cucumber Melo (Peak). And I have also made ornies with the aroma beads. Got some heart cookie cutters at Target and followed instructions from BCN. Took one in for the principal at my daughter's school and got orders for a dozen more. I am charging $2 each and they are loving them. I have been working on more this weekend since I finally got some more cookie cutters on ebay. But should have checked Michael's or Hobby Lobby first :sad2: . Paid more for them than I should have. But I have a moon, butterfly, flower, star, diamond, and another cross-type shape.

The beads can also be heated to make the shaped ornies :) That's why I use them as they have multiple purposes where as the cardboard cutouts don't. I don't put mine in sachets anymore as I use scented salt rock for that now, but for the ornies I charge depending on the size of the air freshener...but retail aroun $3.75-$3.95. I tried adding white mica to mine but didn't really care for the look. hth

So you find the salt works just as well as the beads? The only salt I have at the moment is rock salt. Would that work?

ETA: I've made the ornies and like them BUT(lol) I think they are too thick I could be wrong. They won't fit in a hole punch and I wish they would melt smoother I just don't like those little thingies sticking up all over em.

Honeybear,

It all depends on your market as well as your costs. I've just found that in my area I can charge that and no one really bats an eye, especially after they try them. They last longer than the $1-$2 ones you can get in the stores and more choices. HTH

Ladysj,

The rock salt should work just fine.

As for the ornies I use a leather puncher to put the hole in them, got it at Michaels in the jewelry making aisle. They need to stay bumpy though otherwise when it gets hot in the car it will melt off the string faster. Don't ask how I know this :) I have come to like the bumpy look :D

Thank you soooooooooo very much for all your help and input. I have one more question and I'll leave you alone I promise. :D Is there any way to melt them without them having those things sticking up? I tried cutting them off but it didnt work very well. How long do you melt yours for? I think I remember someone saying they did their's 5 minutes.

I melt mine for about 6-7 mins depending on how big they are( I have some small cookie cutters as well as large ones) and how many are on the tray. I get mine to right before they start to turn liquidy(if that's even a word lol).

You can look at some of mine at my website, just click on Air Fresheners on the left and it will show the ones I offer online.

http://www.sunlightexpressions.com/store

I don't think guys would be too crazy about having an organza bag hanging from their rearview lol but, there again I could be wrong.

I know....something about a little green organza bag hanging off the mirror of my husband's F150 is just not right...lol He was our "Christmas Tree Scent" tester.

We started using the cardboard cut-outs, but they looked so plain and we hadn't quite figured out how to get our logo on them. The organza bags were just easier at the time.

Time to bring out the cut-outs for the men's scents...thanks, Kimmeroo, for the scent ideas!

Demenshia-

Your ornies are beautiful. I absolutely love the fairy. Would you mind telling me where on earth you found that cutter? I would really appreciate it. The edges of yours all look so smooth. Mine come out kind of weird and I have to trim the edges. Do you have to do that also?

TIA

Valerie:smiley2:

Nmhoneybear,

Thank you for the compliments. I honestly don't remember where I got the fairy cutter. I got it online, I'll check when I get home from work and see if I can find which place I got it from. As for the edges, yes I trim my eadges on all the ornies, they are horrible before I do :)