Vybar 103 - more or less wax shrinkage?

Hi all, I have a question about vybar.

I read a thread where someone said using vybar causes more shrinkage. For the first time I used this additive while doing tarts, and the tarst had less shrinkage in the middle, the top were more flat and even than my paraffin/stearin tarts, where I needed to do a repour and hit with a heat gun to have a really flat top.

So what's the deal?

The reason I'm asking this is that *maybe* I'll have to do some zig-zag pillars, the ones with the divider in the middle. The sink hole it's a big problem because I can't do a repour as normally, the center is important because the pillar will be in two parts, and I always end up with a different height, the pillar is taller on the round edge and shorter in the middle.. hope this makes sense!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have access to "one pour" waxes, and pouring cooler doesn't solve the problem. The pillars also have to be smooth, not rustics.

:confused:

Thanks girls, Ladyjs not a problem at all!

Jcandleattic, very cool candles!!

So how do you these repours? Simply getting mad and pulling your hair??

Time ago I was using a preblend of paraffin and stearine, and these pillars were almost ok. Now I do my own blend accordingly to what I have to do, but I'm not able to work this out.

There is the far possibility I could have to make 100 of this for a wedding.

using palm wax it's better because it doesn do a sink hole in the middle, but I think that spouses prefer paraffin... GRRRRRRRRR

Thanks girls, Ladyjs not a problem at all!

Jcandleattic, very cool candles!!

So how do you these repours? Simply getting mad and pulling your hair??

Time ago I was using a preblend of paraffin and stearine, and these pillars were almost ok. Now I do my own blend accordingly to what I have to do, but I'm not able to work this out.

There is the far possibility I could have to make 100 of this for a wedding.

using palm wax it's better because it doesn do a sink hole in the middle, but I think that spouses prefer paraffin... GRRRRRRRRR

I pour the repours just like I would any other candle actually. I poke the holes on either side of the insert and just repour on both sides of the candle.

I pour the repours just like I would any other candle actually. I poke the holes on either side of the insert and just repour on both sides of the candle.

If I remember right, you use yours as seperate candles right Sabrina? I use mine as a single candle after I get the 2 different colors put together. The tricky part is levelling them because each side since poured seperately can be at different heights anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Levelling is where I have my difficulty.

Maybe you don't need too much Vybar. The amount you use can make a big difference in the shrinkage. Also if the candles are unscented the Vybar should shrink them less.

You should also be able to decrease sinkholes by cooling very slowly. You can use a paperboard carton over the candle, or if you can find a styrofoam box that's even better. With a large number of candles, push them close together with some kind of covering and they'll keep each other warm. Pour just hot enough to get a smooth surface.

Maybe you don't need too much Vybar. The amount you use can make a big difference in the shrinkage. Also if the candles are unscented the Vybar should shrink them less.

You should also be able to decrease sinkholes by cooling very slowly. You can use a paperboard carton over the candle, or if you can find a styrofoam box that's even better. With a large number of candles, push them close together with some kind of covering and they'll keep each other warm. Pour just hot enough to get a smooth surface.

Thanks Top for suggestions. I use Vybar at 0.5%, the minimum indicated by peak (where I bought it).

will see what comes out!

Thanks!