Green Clover & Aloe CP

Angel91805

:whoohoo: :yay: :whoohoo:

And it only took 6 batches! ROFL! I CP'd cold. Meaning, I used ice cubes with my lye. Then I used the method Eugenia posted the other day. I added my FO to my oils. I mixed in, by hand, the lye. When it was mixed in, I removed some. Then I colored my base with Select Shades and SB'd it to a light-medium trace. Then I SB'd the uncolored part to medium trace. Swirled in the mold. I must say, I'm pretty damned proud of myself! ROFL. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow when I cut it.

Hugs,

Donna

Picture431.jpg

Ahhh...the ice cubes....something I picked up from one of CareBear's casual comments. I tell you....I am like a sponge at times!

My first two miserably failed batches, both had the FO seize on me. Through lots of Q&A's by the good folks here...some thought maybe either the lye water or the oils were too hot. SO, I switched to room temp soaping...and things got better. But then I'd have to make the lye water and then leave it sit on the counter <gasp> for a few hours to come to room temp. In some thread someone mentioned chilled water. So, I stuck my bottles of distilled water in the fridge in the garage, for next time. Then in a different thread, CareBear mentioned using ice and then she wouldn't have to wait for the lye to cool down. Made sense, everyone talks about freezing goat's milk, so why not freezing the water?? Duh! (I have those moments alot!) SO....I forget what I needed today...something like 15 oz of water or something like that....I used about 12 oz of ice cubes and then poured in the rest of chilled water. Took the whole mess outside and then started pouring in the lye. You kind of have to do a little at a time until the lye starts melting the ice....and it took for-freaking-ever for the water to get clear....I finally gave up on that....and by the time my other stuff was ready to go, the lye water was mostly clear. Kind of thick...but mostly clear. But...when I added the lye to my room temp oils, the lye water was still chilled to the touch. I didn't let my soap gel...never even got warm in the mold, so we'll see what happens tomorrow afternoon!

Sorry to prattle on there!

Donna

Well...I'm just not sure what happened....*faint* Let us not forget that I failed Chemistry...not once...but TWICE! ROFL!

So, I soaped cold...chilled actually (the lye anyway). I did a no no with the Select Shades and that might have been the problem. I didn't mix the colors separately. Not sure what I was thinking, but I added one color directly to the soap and then added the second. All sorts of swirls happening in the pot with that! Well...after the chilly start...7 hours after I poured, the soap started to gel. So I slapped a cutting board over if. Figured if it was gonna gel, by God, I wanted it to gel to the edges! LOL. The next morning, I got this:

Picture435.jpg

The color is definately different...more aqua-y than the pastel green it was when I poured it. And the uncolored parts are darker too. But then some of the original green came back. I'm thinking it's the Select Shades boo boo. <sigh> So....inadvertantly, I think I got a three color soap! LOL.

And here it is cut...but not cleaned up....

Picture442.jpg

Eh...there it is....

Donna