Tarts in a Bottle??

Clicking around it's hard to see in the pics cause everything is white but I looked at the picture of the 8oz size and it almost looks to me that they took the smelly jelly crystals that you get in the flora department added the water/FO to them and bottled them.

May haps when you heat them they dry a bit and turn to the "beads" and the added water just plumps them back up.

Never heard that you could heat that stuff but maybe. I have some sitting around the house somewhere I'll have to dig it out and throw some in the burner.

Neat idea.

I have ordered a sample of Water Blossom Ivy scented Massage Oil from her through Ebay... just because I wanted to see how close she could match my fave scent (this was before I found this board, lol) And she has been selling these at least since then. It's been about a year since I ordered. I was actually very impressed with the dupe, her service and everything. She offers free sniffies, only 5 at a time though, and you are put on a list (queue -sp?) and when your turn comes around she will send up to five to you for free.

If these are some form of jelly crystals, and the bottle was air tight... would they stay in 'jelly' form? Is that how she does this? Or would they dry up anyways? I guess if she made them to order then they would arrive in jelly form and not have time to dry out. Could it be blended AFTER it's in jelly form, and that way it's broken down to smaller crystals that are 'dumpable'... lol. I think maybe she it taking liberties with the 'pourable' word. :confused:

And I'd have to go and look at these again, but is the .99 maybe just for a sample size?

I thought I have read here or there that you CAN heat smellyJelly crystals, but you won't see every site say to do that because since they are 'reusable' normally, this is considered ruining them. So it just depends on your purpose. But then again, it would have to be some OTHER form of them because I also thought that if you DID heat them this way, they melt... not dry up and go back into balls. Otherwise how would people make the Ornies with them? But there are different formulations of these plastic balls. Someone on here has a DH who works in the plastics field it seems like she provided a link that told about the dif kinds they sell. Just not under the name 'smelly jelly'.

Theoretically, the smelly jellies if reconstituted with FO & water and put into a bottle will stay reconstituted. When you put them into a tart burner, the heat will dry them out, causing them to shrink down again. Again, theoretically.

This may be just creative marketing on her part. I don't think that smelly jelly crystals are very expensive and a little goes a long way! But it may be worth trying out. I think I have some colored ones downstairs to experiment with....hmmm, now which fo to waste?

Smelly jelly crystals and plastic aroma beads for ornies are 2 different things.

I've done this with my smelly jellys also and have had no problems. Just makes them throw better. My mom also does this but is one of those that turn the burner on in the AM and off before bed. She said that if it is left on too long and they get to dry they start to pop???? I never let them get that dry but I guess it is possible.

I wonder if she saying that the small amount that you would use in a burner wouldn't harm the drain?:confused:

Do you think she could be using one of those receips that they use for the homemade bath jelly that uses the gelatin???? I never done that cause I read it can mold etc. but I wonder then if it's a homemade version.

Well now I'll just have to order some and see....lol

Clicking around it's hard to see in the pics cause everything is white but I looked at the picture of the 8oz size and it almost looks to me that they took the smelly jelly crystals that you get in the flora department added the water/FO to them and bottled them.

May haps when you heat them they dry a bit and turn to the "beads" and the added water just plumps them back up.

Never heard that you could heat that stuff but maybe. I have some sitting around the house somewhere I'll have to dig it out and throw some in the burner.

Neat idea.

I don't know if this is how this lady (man?) is doing this or not, but I have done this, and it works perfectly, and yes, after they are just the hard shell you add a bit of water, it plumps them up again. You can continue to do this until all of the scent has burned off and then just plump them, wipe them and throw then in the trash.

NEVER put them down the drain. I don't care how "safe" they are supposed to be. That would absolutely (eventually) ruin your pipes...

I'm at work right now so don't have all my notes but I do remember reading that if it is the smelly jelly stuff that if it does end up in your drain that you can add salt to the drain while running water and the salt will dissolve the jelly stuff. Hope that makes sense lol...been a long day, looking forward to getting home to play with my supplies :)

ETA: even if the salt would dissolve the jelly stuff, I really don't think I would wash it down the sink either...

I wonder if she is actually trying to say, or creatively saying, lol...they won't do actual HARM to the pipes themselves, but not touching on the fact that they might clog the drain... is there a difference? In creative advertising there could be when you get down to litteralism. :confused: :confused: BUT- if instructions on how to add salt or do whatever special instructions you do to avoid this are included in the sale then she can probably claim this. Again... just guessing here. But obviously I don't even know the dif tween Aroma Beads and Smelly Jelly so I will jes shut up.:lipsrseal :D;) (heee)

I finally got these in the mail yesterday. They are the smelly jelly/floral water crystals. I haven't put them in a warmer yet but the instructions on the bottle do say to just throw the used "beads" in the trash. I won't be able to use them for a couple of days (illness in the family) but it seems that these are what others here are already using.;)