Hydrovance???

ladysj

I made a face cream with glycerin. It feels real draggy doesn't go on smooth like I want. Someone suggested hydrovance in place of the glycerin. I am curious as to whether the hydrovance will provide more slide/less drag so it will go on smooth. Any help greatly appreciated. TIA

• 1 month later...

I love Hydrovance. It feels so much better than Glycerin. I have found that you don't need quite as much. I had a recipe where it called for 5% glycerin, but I found that 5% Hydrovance was a bit much. I lowered it to 3% and voila it feels perfect. It does make your product feel silky and glides on nicely too.

Ann M

I love Hydrovance. It feels so much better than Glycerin. I have found that you don't need quite as much. I had a recipe where it called for 5% glycerin, but I found that 5% Hydrovance was a bit much. I lowered it to 3% and voila it feels perfect. It does make your product feel silky and glides on nicely too.

Ann M

Thanks Ann I will try making it again using the Hydrovance and see how that works. Thank goodness it's for a small batch so I won't be wasting much and can use it for myself I guess lol and see how it works.