Single wall vs. Double wall jars????

kidsngarden

This is a very good question!!!!!!!

Is there a particular reason 'why' you have always used the double wall jars, Crafty?

I've always wondered this myself. I don't often see single wall jars, but the double walls aren't always that expensive anyways. :confused: :confused: :confused:

i have always used the double wall jars because they are much thicker than the single wall.

Well....duh! (Sorry...couldn't resist :P)

I think what they want to know, and I do to, is why? What is the benefit of a double walled jar? Does it provide needed protection from heat/cold? Is it needed to keep out light? Does it provide more of an oxygen barrier?

What is the reason......or is it just an aesthetic appeal? That double walled jars give the illusion of being larger than they really are, or that it just happens to be that the jar style you like is double walled?

I use double wall jars because I like the look.

Aside from that, double wall jars do have a small advantage for insulation in heat or cold. Also, the jar is larger, giving the illusion that there is more product. More for your money, etc.

I use double wall jars for my body butter. While it does not help a lot, it does help complete melting of the product in excessive heat. I have actually had customers comment on this when their items were received in the mail. The product still does soften in the summer no matter WHAT you put it in. But when I am shipping to the southwest in hot weather, the double wall jar does help a little bit. HTH!

There are more designs to choose from for the single wall jars. But the double wall jars are nice in that the extra wall helps to provide additional insulation, just like the others said. It's not a whole lot of insulation, but it's better than nothing. Of course, if there's a single wall design you like, I'd say go for it.