Someone help!

Christina

My kids got into an emulsified sugar scrub and my baby ate some! I'm really worried! Can someone tell me if he'll be alright? I believe if had polowax and stearic acid in it (as well as cocoa butter and sugar), some vegitable oil, and no fragrance oil...

Christina

In the time it took for you to post this, you could have called an actual doctor or poison control center and recieved the correct information. If you haven't called them yet, I'd suggest that you do. And keep that number right by your phone in case of any future emergencies, you'll know where to call.

In the time it took for you to post this, you could have called an actual doctor or poison control center and recieved the correct information. If you haven't called them yet, I'd suggest that you do. And keep that number right by your phone in case of any future emergencies, you'll know where to call.

What a novel idea. Too bad most people jump on here to ask medical questions before actually using the brains God gave them.

I don't mean to sound like a bitch but...you said you BELIEVE it had blah blah blah in it. Did you make it? If so then you should know what is in it. If you didn't isn't their an ingredients label on it?

I have to agree...you should have called Poison Control or the ER right away instead of asking here.

Granted this is different but...one of my dogs ate a lot of paraffin wax and the first thing I did when I discovered the mess on the floor was call our vet right away. They told us what to do.

Maggie

My friend's dopey 6 year old took a spoonful out of a jar of body butter that I had made and ate it. I did not think for a second that anything was dangerous, but my friend still called her doctor right away. Everything was fine, but a phone call to a physician or poison control center is the first thing that you should have done.

Thank you for your advice. I agree, it's silly to go to a forum to ask important questions like this and have thought the same thing on other boards when other women have done it ("I think I'm crowning, what do I do"). I was just confused. My instinct and basic knowledge of the ingeredients told me he'd be fine, but I continued to worry so I came here hoping for advice from people with more knowledge about these ingredients. Yes, I did make the product, but only made it once and it was a long time ago. It was only a tester and for personal use so I didn't bother labeling it.

I did call poison control, of course, and was told that nothing was toxic, as I already knew. But I was still worried as I've heard stories about seemingly safe things being ingested and people dying, not because they were toxic, but because of texture or whatnot. Obviously the only thing the lady told me was that it wasn't toxic.

Christina

....WOW its spilling over into the B'n B section NOW! :whoohoo:

Christina I totally understanding your head spinning and coming here looking for answers. Glad you called PC to calm your nerves, good decision! The only thing I would have worried about was the FO and the preservative if you used any.

Thanks Maryann,

That's exactly the info I was looking for. I just kept thinking, this stuff turns to a lotion when liquid gets to it, what's it going to do when it gets into his belly? The lady didn't even know what I was talking about when I was trying to tell her the ingredients I used.

Christina

The lady didn't even know what I was talking about when I was trying to tell her the ingredients I used.
Well that is terrible. I would think that many body products are ingested by kids and that a list of even the least used ingredients would be provided. I would think that their staff would be more competent. I am so glad that it worked out just fine though.