Another Newby Here

Hi,

I started making candles about 3 mo. ago. I've been ordering thru Cajun Candle and they are great. They have strong scents and I have received great service. But I need a candle supplier closer to Indiana to order IGI wax from because of shipping costs. I will continue ordering the other supplies from Cajun Candle. Does anyone know of a supply place closer to IN?

Thanks

Brenny

Hi Brenny! I just moved to IN not too long ago and have been researching where I can get wax at the best price. ICS doesn't have wax. Right now it's looking like Alabaster is the closest (I'm in Evansville-Louisville's only about an 1 1/2 hours away). I just wish that people raved about their FOs, so that I could buy some FOs with confidence.

Hi Flowers,

I haven't tried pillar candles yet. From what I have read, the scent isn't as strong in pillar candles. I just make container candles. According to cajun I am supposed to use just 1 0z. per pound of wax. But I have also read that you should weigh your scents because they are measued by volume.

I hope I got that right. Have you emailed cajun and asked them about it? I have tried a couple of other candle company's scents and I still go back to Cajun. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

Brenda

What FO are you using? I tried Plumeria last night and it has no throw to it. I know it is me but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I've tried 1oz per pound and have tried up to 1.5oz per pound.

I just love pillar candles. I've been making them for a while and have just recently tried to scent them. They look great....but....no scent.

I'm loosing it. I'm using the wax and wicks that Cajun suggested. I'm not going to let this candle beat me! HA! Thanks for any help!

I have used about 6 or 7 of cajun's scents, mostly kitchen-baking scents as I call them, banana nut bread, cherry etc. The only trouble I've had is when I tried their J223 one pour wax. I made 3 scents and none of them smelled very strong, so I guess it was the wax???? I wish I could help you. I'll go searching and see if I can find out anything for you. Don't give up yet.

Brenda