Monoi...Wow!

Christina

I just got some Monoi in the mail today for the first time! Holy cow! Now I understand all those little quips about feeding addictions! Truth be told, I had thought there was supposed to be a coconut smell. After reading about it (while I was waiting, hehe) I realized that it was just the flower which worried me becuase I normally don't like floral smells. The first time I smelled it, I found it very strong and extremely floral...but nice. I stuck some on my hand and went about my day...that's when I started loving it! Once it seeps in, it smells so heavenly! It even smells a bit vanilla-y...which of course I LOVE! I don't think I'll ever be able to go without this stuff again...

Christina

• 3 weeks later...

I've read that it has a floral (gardenia) scent. So it is strong enough to use alone in a roll on? If so, there would be no point in buying a gardenia FO for this one. I have read that some others blend this with other carrier oils for the roll ons. I also read, after I posted this, that you can get it unscented also, so to blend with other scents besides having a gardenia scent, should I get the unscented Monoi?

I've read that it has a floral (gardenia) scent. So it is strong enough to use alone in a roll on? If so, there would be no point in buying a gardenia FO for this one. I have read that some others blend this with other carrier oils for the roll ons. I also read, after I posted this, that you can get it unscented also, so to blend with other scents besides having a gardenia scent, should I get the unscented Monoi?

I've made whipped shea with Monoi for my soft oil and it smelled great-I've even had a store clerk tell me that I smelled good and asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing, lol. I've never used the unscented Monoi so I can't help ya there.

The unscented has very little odor, if any. There are only a few tiare flowers in there so you don't really get any scent off those. I have gotten unscented that smelled like NOTHING and some that smelled very faintly earthy, like bruised flowers maybe (could have been all in my mind, knowing it was macerated with flower petals).

If you soap with it, be careful - it moves fast. And I don't know how well the scent sticks in CP - Mine was faint but noticeable at 3 months, but I don't have any more bars to check out...