Working on getting my first wholesale account

Mnhorsemom

I recently sent a sample of one of my candles to a man in Florida who has a gift basket business. He is thinking about adding soy candles to his line. Anyway, the sample I sent was one of my 8oz square masons. He emailed me back and says he wants something 4-6 ozs. I looked at the Filmore site and found a 4oz jar that I like. SO, I was crunching some numbers and looks like without figuring in shipping costs on jars and fo's ( I don't pay shipping on my wax) to make this candle will cost me about $1.81. Does this seem about right? And wholesale is 2x cost? TIA

Why wouldn't you figure in shipping costs on your jars and FO? It's part of your cost correct?

I figure shipping costs of everything that gets shipped when I am calculating my costs for wholesale. I also add in a figure for the "extras" like electricity and such. Don't forget your packaging costs as well.

Good Luck to you!

ahh, ok. Well, once you get that figured in it would give you a better idea of course. I would certainly hope that you could keep the costs for a container that small way below $2 though.. BUT, it really all depends on the kind of money you can easily get for them in your area too! If it's a really neat container that will sell for higher dollar, then that's something to take into conisideration!

Yeah it does seem like alot for such a small candle. The dang jars are what do it, well actually the lids are what cost so much. The jars are .50 each but the nicer lids that go with them are .62 each. I will see if I can attach a picture of the jar and the lid I want to go with it is a flat wooden lid.

post-505-139458422802_thumb.jpg