need a little help

jenrfailla

I'm getting ready to do a show in NYC on May 20th. I just got the info emailed to me. its an outdoor street fair. i get a 5 x 8 space. they tell me that even the biggest "booth" is 5 x 10 and CANNOT accomodate a canopy. Any suggestions about staying dry if the day should be rainy? its rain or shine. I thought about having a tarp but I think that may defeat the boutique"y"-elegant look I'm going for. anyone run into something like this?

Some people are naturals at it, like anything else. Two months is more than enough time to get up to speed and test a small selection of candles.

jenrfailla, you could always decorate the tarp with artwork, or use a tapestry underneath it. I'd go for the tapestry myself...

Aren't most umbrellas at least 7 feet in diameter? That would make it too big for your space.

Maybe you could glam up your tarp by painting it white, draping some tulle to create a scallop border along the edge of the tarp and intertwining some florals in it. Or, get funky and attach some fringe along the border.

thanks for the suggestions! gives me a lot to think about:smiley2:

nod.- thanks for the bode of confidence. I've always been pretty crafty and this seems to be going well. I am working at it a TON though to make sure I've got a quality product that i'm proud of.

i also contacted the event coordinator to see what people have done in the past. i'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a beautiful, sunny 70 degree day!!:cool2:

Some people are naturals at it, like anything else. Two months is more than enough time to get up to speed and test a small selection of candles.

jenrfailla, you could always decorate the tarp with artwork, or use a tapestry underneath it. I'd go for the tapestry myself...

Anyway, will you have everything else in place - logo, warning labels, insurance, everything else that goes along with it?

yep. got the tax ID, insurance, labels, logo (my brother in law is an artist- score!) etc. I've done craft shows before when I made jewelry... I was only asking a question about an outdoor show and the weather...i've only done indoor with my jewelry...not really expecting to get into opinions on whether i was ready or not. guess you never know how people will respond on these things! :undecided but thanks to those with positive suggestions on my rainy day problem! :wave:

Hi Jen. I've been to those types of markets in the city and most people used tarps. We never really paid attention to the covering...just the products. I've even seen paint tarps and clear plastic usedl. Everyone just makes due. It won't take away from the look you're going for. Only in NY...lol