Eugenia's Castile Soap

ladysj

Man am I full of questions tonight or what :laugh2: I want to me this castile soap and was just wondering if it takes a long time to trace, does it take longer to cure etc? I'm not adding anything to it just the OO & castor oil.

Okay I plugged the %'s into soapcalc and got my lye weight. I put that in the other calculator and calculated at 33% it gives me water needed 13.785. So this is the amount of water I should use instead of the amount in soap calc. Am I right on this? What about the superfatting %?

Okay I plugged the %'s into soapcalc and got my lye weight. I put that in the other calculator and calculated at 33% it gives me water needed 13.785. So this is the amount of water I should use instead of the amount in soap calc. Am I right on this? What about the superfatting %?

Yes, and I'm w/AJ on the superfatting.

e's castile recipe is the same as mine. But this weekend, I am going to try one with OO, castor and babassu to see what the babassu does.

Let me know how that turns out for you Meridith....I just made a batch of castile with 10% Mango 10% Castor & 80 OO....can't wait to try that soap, but I'd like to hear how you liked the babassu when you get to it. :)

I soaped it last night using SW Mayan Gold, 80% OO, 15% babassu and 5% castor. I unmolded it today and washed my hands with just a little bit of the soap I scraped of the side of my Kelsie. It sure has loads of bubbles already and my hands did not feel the slightest bit dry.