Round Soap Help

ladysj

I received my clear mailing tubes. They are 3x12" only one end has the cap so I'm thinking I'm going to have to cut off the other end and maybe tape it with freezer paper(unless someone has a better idea). Any way I put the measurements in to Summer Bee Meadows batch re-sizer to find out how much I need this is what it gave me.

Total Oil Weights 35.67 ounces

Total Recipe Weight 51 ounces

I've used this resizer several times but it always seems to come up short on filling my molds that amount I wanted them. Would someone please tell me again how to figure the amounts I need. I did a search and can't find it.

Thanks so much.

EDTA: Also, how thick do you cut your round soaps? I was thinking 1.25 or 1.50 inches.

I didn't think those weights were going to be enough. Guess maybe I can cut them to 8 inches. Do you cut your soaps to where you get 4 bars?

I can't figure out why it's not giving me the correct weights lol I thought that's what it was there for but it's been wrong everytime. It seems like I've almost had to double what they said.

I didn't think those weights were going to be enough. Guess maybe I can cut them to 8 inches. Do you cut your soaps to where you get 4 bars?

I can't figure out why it's not giving me the correct weights lol I thought that's what it was there for but it's been wrong everytime. It seems like I've almost had to double what they said.

Wait a sec, now you got me rethinking the length. one sec.

oh crap, sorry about that, its 12 inches long. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse I am able to get 12 bars out of it when i cut them 1 inch thick. :D

Dont cut it.

Okay cool thank you Carrie you came to my rescue again. Will taping freezer paper on the end work? I promise I won't bother you any more tonight. :laugh2: I want to try this out tonight possibly.

that sucks that it only came with one end. Mine came with two.

You want to use the cap on the bottom of the tube and set it on the counter. pour your soap in and tape the other end up. leave it sitting straight up as it drys, i wouldnt try turning it on its side.

I have one more question do I line this with anything or just leave it like it is?

nope, dont line it. The next day you will see it pulling away from the mold and you will be able to push it out. It will look comaprable to "wet spots" in container candles. lol