How to make a pillar candle with shells in it

Hi everyone, I'm new and would like to know how to make a pillar candle that you put shells in the bottom of it and you can see them. I had one before and it was really pretty and I use to know how and everytime I try making one now it doesn't turn out right!!

Please let me know!!!

Thanks a bunch!!

Alicia Schwartz

Ameriplan USA

aliciaschwartz@yahoo.com

I can't find the thread, for the life of me, that I came across one day but this, IIRC is what it said:

Make up some chunk wax, approximately the color you will be using for your candle, place those in the mold close to the wick and then arrange the shells down the side of the mold, in between the chunk and sides. You can push the chunks out towards the sides after the shells are in to keep them close to the edge.

Then do an overpour.

I'd wait for a pro to chime in though, I'm still new and only repeating info.

I would suggest doing a wax shell with the shells in it first. So you would take a 3" pillar mold and insert a 2" pillar mold inside the larger mold. You would then place your shells in between the molds where you would like them, pour some pillar or hurricane wax in over the shells. You would then let that cool and remove the shell. Then wick and get ready for your second pour, make sure to scent and pour this one just a tad bit hotter then the outer shell so they will adhere good. Good luck.

Those 3 were all great ideas for you. My favorite way for seashells is to follow the instructions that Candle Man gave the link for......then after removing the candle from the mold I put the candle on a little can so it is raised up and on a turntable....I use a heat gun to go around and melt off some of the wax so the shells are more exposed. Donita Louise

All I could find on the link was how to make a cane with shells in :confused: can someone point me in the right direction for the pillar with shells in please :D I took my kids to the beach today to get some shells :yay:

Anjie,x.

Ohhhh dohhh! Just had a thought, is the process the same just without the hurricane mould insert. Sorry for being so thick!