Coconut Oil?

traceyy

How do I tell if the coconut oil is 76 or 96 or fractionated? I bought coconut oil from the store and it says 100% coconut oil but doesnt say anything about that? How do I tell? Its made by Parachute in a blue bottle 100% coconut oil from India? Any experience with this?

Hmmmm....good question if it's not readily stated on the container. Chances are, it's coconut 76 oil, since that's the most widely available one as far as local stores. Since the "76" would indicate it's melting point, that means it would be solid at room temps, but melt very quickly (like as soon as you put it on your skin). Now if it were the fractionated kind, I would think it would state that in an obvious place somewhere instead of just saying 100% coconut oil. It would look something like "fractions of coconut oil". I'm sorry, I'm not much help. But the coconut 76 would be my first guess. ;-)

It is solid as soon as I put it on my finger it melts. It really is the weirdest thing it is in a blue squeeze tube lol I cant break the top off so I am going to have to squeeze it all out s l o w l y So I am figuring if I start soapingnow I should be done getting the coconut oil out by Saturday, Sunday the latest.