My first cphp

traceyy

Thanks for being kind lol the problem is that I used too much or didnt blend well enough with the tumeric. So after you use it and put it down it turns whatever you put it on red. Which wasn't exactly what I was looking for in soap lol I washed my hands with it and liked it but the lather is yellowish orange lol . It may have been a little more drying than I would have liked but other than that I like it. Now I have to tweak a little to try for a harder bar with more conditioning maybe. The kids and I are going to Whole foods to get more coconut oil So I will be trying again, this time maybe not colored lol

REBATCH.

Don't throw away. Sometimes when I make a batch that I am not all that crazy about I will grind it up and mix it with a better batch.

I had to do this with some of my HP soap I made over the holiday. I was not happy with the lather so I just made up another batch (different recipe) and mixed the two. Half old soap and half new soap. The heat from the new batch melts the old. You could put in a crock pot and melt all the way down but I don't bother. (to much trouble). You may have small pieces of the old soap that did not melt but that's okay.

Give it a try

I may just let it sit here for a while and look at it. It's still a proud moment. It's like I gave birth to 8 little 4 ounce babies lolAs far as pms I dont know how to turn them on or off lol Great another new thing to learn!I just went to the health store and got some more coconut oil, grapeseed oil, lard, avocado oil, castor oil hmm anything that basically said oil I bought. Spent way too much, feel like an idiot nadnow have to make myself better by making more soap!!

Did you add the tumeric straight? If so, next time try diffusing it in some olive oil. Take 1 TBS of spice, add 3 TBS of warmed olive oil and let it sit for a few days. Strain use as your colorant (you don't have to but the spices can be gritty). When you make the soap, subtract the 3 TBS that you used from your main oil amount. Use the full amount on the lye calc, but when you measure, take them out.

e