Question about 70/30 blend

I mixed some 50/50 with 100% soy to get a 70/30 blend. First pour the 70/30 cracked - course it was cold that day and I didn't cover them. So I poured another batch, covered w/ towel and box, and they set up without cracking - yeah! - but then another question popped into my head. Has anyone experienced this blend cracking when setting up after burning?

A commercial 70/30 blend is made with anywhere from 3 to 6 ingredients in just the right proportions to make a wax with good properties. Mixing soy and a container pre-blend is hit or miss -- usually miss. For one thing, you don't know what's in the "50/50" blend and you can't control it.

If you use a large proportion of soy and add a container blend to it, usually it will pull away from the glass and maybe crack. Often you can add soy to a paraffin container blend and get a useful result, but the maximum is typically 50% soy and usually a lot less, depending on what materials you're mixing.

So basically you're making an unknown recipe and it just doesn't happen to be a good one.

Thanks - I was just messing around anyway - until I get around to ordering 10lbs from Greenleaf to test. I did search on this board on issues others may have had with Greenleaf's 70/30 blend, and cracking was one of them. So I just thought it was an issue with 70/30.