TV interview?!!!

LaVida

I met a reporter at the first fair I did last December. She told me to contact her if she didn't by February so we can do something for Black History Month. So I e-mailed her the end of January. She was on her way out of the country so she said she'd contact me back. I really didn't think much of it.. I actually felt a relief.

So, yesterday morning she e-mails me and asks me to be a guest along w/ 2 other women on a 1/2 hour show! I was like :shocked2::rockon::sad2: :tiptoe: :bliss: all on one emotional rollercoaster.... It's for this Thursday!:shocked2: I am so nervous. I am not an "in-your-face-up-front-especially-on-camera"person. I'm such a "behind-the-scenes-put-me-in-a-dark-corner" individual person it's not funny. I contemplated declining the offer but in the next moment I said "there aren't any options, I HAVE to do it.." - so I accepted. I haven't told my friends that live around me (except a close co-worker that's going for moral support). I asked my mother and sister not to tell anyone. If I knew there were going to be people watching I lose it! :shocked2: I've been googling "what to wear" and "how to interview" since I found out.

For those who have gone through this. Can you give me any tips? :embarasse

BIG CONGRATS TO YOU! I have never gone through this process so I don't have any tips for you. If it were me, I would dress professionally. Not too overdressed, but certainly not under dressed. More like a pair of nice dress slacks and nice blouse. HTH.

AGAIN, CONGRATS, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

I thought about a spring blazer and khaki's w/ those new ballet shoe's (see Gap.com) - not the stretchy one's. Business casual.... I have to go shopping. Too bad it wasn't last month because I have corduroy & velvet blazers but they're off season....

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

I have no advice about tv interviews, except if you are nervous and tend to talk fast (like me) then watch that you slow down your speech. ALso, don't wear anything too pattern intensive, it can be distracting. Solid colors are best. GOOD LUCK!

Guest EMercier

Cool, that's really nice to hear. I'm sure you'll do fine. I don't know where you live, but get someone to tap is and maybe circulate it around here. Just a thought.

Thank you for all the tips.

Warm Vanilla.. I don't wear make-up (besides chap stick) so I wouldn't know where to begin w/ this....

More than likely, they'll have someone there for "no shine" powder...and they will apply it on you...esp if this is a scheduled interview.

I hope your not nervous? It's a bunch of fun!

Here's a link that maybe will help you?

http://www.diginovations.com/video-advisory/2007/1/5/dressing-and-preparing-for-a-video-interview.html

ETA:

http://www.design.caltech.edu/erik/Misc/broadcast.html

Make sure that if you buy a new outfit that it is very comfortable. I have made the mistake of wearing something new to an interview (job) and being so uncomfortable that I can not really say what was said. The biggest thing is too relax - I know easier said than done. You will be talking about your products - and no one is better at it than you. Oh yeah - congrats!!!

Thank you everyone and I love the link WV....

this stood out to me..

8. Don’t overprep or memorize unless you are a vigorous and frequent speech giver. Otherwise, let us help you get the information across with our questions. Tape is inexpensive and we are more than willing to work with you to get answers that work.

She told me what would be covered, but I don't want to rehearse... I know if I do I'll mess up and run off set....*l*.....

I can't wait to tell you all how it went....

Wow, congratulations! Just be yourself. I did some TV interviews 25 yrs ago and I was nervous but just remember that you know what you're talking about and be confident and comfortable with what you are wearing. You will do great. Be sure and let us know afterwards.

Thank you everyone and I love the link WV....

this stood out to me..

She told me what would be covered, but I don't want to rehearse... I know if I do I'll mess up and run off set....*l*.....

I can't wait to tell you all how it went....

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do fine. You don't want to wear red or white or anything with a too fussy neckline. Be sure to look at the reporter, not the camera. Just relax and have fun with it.