scented rocks

Demenshia thanks for all the helpful information, one more question this air freshner is all new to me, what do you charge for the 1 pound bag and the sachets I know it depends on where you are and what people are buying , but it would sure help if you could give me a rough idea thanks

Broadzilla, I bought the soal salt at home depot - 40 pounds for $5.00 I think you will save alot on shipping if you can get it there

I think you're right...even having to drive 90 miles one way to get it would still save me. And you know...while I'm ALREADY out of town in the "big" city of reno....I might as well do other shopping. :yay:

Thank you!!!

Hi,

Here's the link to the page with the recipes:

http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_MakingBathSalts.asp

Here's their link to the salt info page. On here if you click around there's a ton of info that is good to print off and have sitting at your booth or to give to your customers on the benefits of the salt:

http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/salt_info.asp

and here's their product link page:

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/Products.asp

HTH:)

Rebecca, What is the Salt works web site? I googled it and found a site but couldn't find any recipes.

I did try some with the ice cream salt I had downstairs. It looked like the same size as Demenshia's pictures. I put a drop of green dye in it and some Tequila Lime FO into a jar and shook. Smells great. I am going to put some of it around the house today to check it out. Thanks for the ideas!

Morningstar,

I keep my salts in canning jars until I need to package them for customers. For packaging I either use gusseted bags for the 1/2 or 1 lb or I put 1 oz in an organza bag for a sachet air freshener. HTH.

How long does the scent last in the jars?

Thanks.

Thanks tons Rebecca!!!:cheesy2:

You're welcome!

Digging through my bath salts stuff I found that per 2 cups of sea salt using 2 tablespoons of dendritic salt will help with FO staying power.

115 drops is equal to about 1 teaspoon so roughly 30-35 drops = 1/4 teaspoon and 10-15 drops = about 1/8 a teaspoon.

Some blends for the salts I have:

12 drops clary sage

12 drops bergmont

16 drops ylang ylang

mix and add to 2 cups sea salt and 2 tablespoons dendritic salt

I got these blends off of cybilla.com a longggggg time ago:

1 part patchouli to 2 parts lavender,

1 part patchouli, 2 parts sweet orange with 1 part tangerine,

1 part sandalwood, 1 part patchouli to 1/4 part christmas tree,

2 parts buttery vanilla, 2 parts sandalwood to .8 part patchouli,

1 part peppermint to 2 parts warm vanilla sugar

I found that most of my recipes for bath stuff were good at about 40 drops of FO to 2 cups of sea salts. Just mix the FOs in with the dendritic salt first then add that to the rest of the salt.

For the room scenters I would add at least 3-4 times that cause it won't be for the bath.

I found jars of the room scent ones I made a better then a year ago that still smell good. Those were in the mason glass canning jars so they were sealed tight. Same for the air freshner stuff I made out of vermiculite.

The salts that I had either in the plastic tubes or in regular decorative jars only last a few months. I did find that with any recipes that was called "milk bath" where you used powder milk those don't keep well. They have to be used in about 1-2 months or the powder milk will stink!

HTH:)

Rebecca,

I've added all this info from this thread to my "notebook". I have to go out of town to shop this coming week, so I will be picking up all this stuff! I can't wait!:yay:

Thank you very much for all this info, this is really awesome!

cocopop

The directions are on page 2 as well. Try it, it's fun! *L* Especially for me since I am sooo creatively challenged.

I'm not really sure. It should be ok if you are only leaving for a few days until you can get some jars but I wouldn't leave them in there for actual storage. Also if you do put them in plastic bags make sure they are completely dry, if not the FO could eat through the plastic.

LOL you're welcome.:cheesy2:

I can't believe how many papers, note cards and stuff I have on my computer once I started looking...oooooo...and I don't even want to think of all the stuff I have sitting on my 3 seasons room...lol

Have fun!;)

Rebecca,

I've added all this info from this thread to my "notebook". I have to go out of town to shop this coming week, so I will be picking up all this stuff! I can't wait!:yay:

Thank you very much for all this info, this is really awesome!

cocopop

The directions are on page 2 as well. Try it, it's fun! *L* Especially for me since I am sooo creatively challenged.

I went to Home Depot yesterday and all I could find was a bag of Mortons water softner. I left the bag at my sons house, so I have to go get it. It was 40 lbs, just under $5.00. It was the pellets, they felt kind of small in the bag. I haven't opened it yet, but I'll leave in a while to go get the bag and try it out. I think I might have gotten the wrong kind.:tongue2:

I remember reading in an older thread on the salt rock that the pellets won't absorb the FO very well so if you haven't opened it yet you might be able to go back and return it for the actual salt. Here is a pick to what you are looking for, this is the same stuff I buy at Lowes.

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-294-water-softener-salt/40-lbs-extra-coarse-solar-salt--604998.aspx

HTH.

Also, here is the link to the thread about different typse of air fresheners, including salt rock.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2648&highlight=rock+salt

I'll probably go back today and return it. When I went shopping yesterday, I had worked 12 hours, came home to change, drove 90 miles and forgot my list! I KNEW I'd get the wrong thing. *lol* Thank you for posting that picture! And it was Home Depot where I got it, not Lowes. Lowes is always so much better for me anyways, but I was able to get everything else I wanted right across the street from Home Depot. I was too tired to try to remember how to get to a Lowes at that point. And still had another 90 mile drive home and then a birthday party for a 6 year old. So yeah, maybe today will be better. I'm going to go read that thread, finish my list and get the right stuff this time!

Thank you again Demenshia!!:D

I'll probably go back today and return it. When I went shopping yesterday, I had worked 12 hours, came home to change, drove 90 miles and forgot my list! I KNEW I'd get the wrong thing. *lol* Thank you for posting that picture! And it was Home Depot where I got it, not Lowes. Lowes is always so much better for me anyways, but I was able to get everything else I wanted right across the street from Home Depot. I was too tired to try to remember how to get to a Lowes at that point. And still had another 90 mile drive home and then a birthday party for a 6 year old. So yeah, maybe today will be better. I'm going to go read that thread, finish my list and get the right stuff this time!

Thank you again Demenshia!!:D

I was at our Home Depot yesterday and saw the correct stuff there, so when you take what you bought back, you might ask them if they have what you are looking for :smiley2: