scented rocks

They are food coloring from McCormicks, probably out due to Easter coming up. Ahhhh....flatten the rocks....*lmao* I knew I would blow this. Do I dare put up the other pic of the molds??? If someone really wants to laugh their butt off, I'll post it.:embarasse

Sounds good to me, but I know nothing about these scents and what they would smell like with each other. But real fruit smells great together, so give it a shot. *L* I'll try some more today and this time flatten them. These are easy to make and didn't make me feel stupid, well...til I showed a pic of them.:laugh2:

Ok, you know what? I'm gonna post this cause I'd like to know what this mold is suppose to be for. *lol* Is this for candy or for soap? Its flexible plastic, I got it on sale on Walmart for .50 It has 2 pieces, and last night I took the lavendar colored balls and smooshed them into these and today took one half off and they were still wet. I know they look horrible, but I have no clue what I'm doing.:embarasse Does it matter if these molds are for candy or soap when I do stuff like this?

DCFN0005-1.jpg

:laugh2: Those are too cute. I would think maybe not filling them up so full or trying to get them flat/even on the top. It doesn't really matter what they were originally intended to be used for as long as they work for what you want to use them for. :D

Ok, when these dry, I'll try flattening them inside and see how that goes. And I'll flatten the next set of rocks. I don't even know anyone with babies, I just saw these molds for .50 and picked them up. I also got a rectangular one for the same price. It was on one of their sale shelfs.

Thanks ladysj

The recipe you posted is the same as salt clay ornaments except yours has FO in it.

I googled scented playdough recipes and came up with many different recipes. Some you cook some you don't. Maybe one of those recipes would work better, who knows.

I wish I knew of a ceramist (a person who makes ceramics) that lived close by. I would make clay marbles and have them fired, that way you could add FO to the porous clay balls.

I just made some apple scented rocks, and some strawberry ones, did the apple in green and the strawberry in red. Once they are all dry i'm going to mix them together and put them in small bags and give them to family and friends to test them

The recipe you posted is the same as salt clay ornaments except yours has FO in it.

I googled scented playdough recipes and came up with many different recipes. Some you cook some you don't. Maybe one of those recipes would work better, who knows.

I wish I knew of a ceramist (a person who makes ceramics) that lived close by. I would make clay marbles and have them fired, that way you could add FO to the porous clay balls.

Oh cool! I'll have to google it too! Thanks!! I don't know a ceramist either. Maybe....do you have a college near you? If so then maybe they can do it and get some class credit for it?

morningstar...what kind of bags are you gonna put them in? Is this too heavy for those little organza bags?

Ok, I think my little molds are dry enough to pull out of there. I'm gonna start this all over and try flattening instead like ladysj said to.. I just don't have anything to put them in to hand out for testers to try. I'll have to get something.