scented rocks

I will morningstar. I walked in the kitchen and stirred up the dry ingredients and then remembered that dinner might be a nice change for my fiance, so I'll make the rest of this after the Sloppy Joes are done. I don't want dinner to smell like FO. Fast easy dinner so I can get on with more important things! :laugh2:

I REALLY need a measurement converter. I bought these glass eye droppers for the FO's but there are no measurements on them. The recipe calls for 1/4 tsp of EO, but I am using FO. Rock salt huh? And I just bought a box of neon colored food coloring. *lol*

These sound really cool. I did a search, but couldn't find out much about them. What are they, one post said you can you water softner pellets - is this right or are there special rocks for them. If so, where do you get them and any recipes would be apprieciated. Like I really need anouther project!!!:D

1/2 cup plain flour

1/2 cup salt

1/4 tsp EO

2/3 cup boiling water

food coloring

In bowl, mix dry ingredients well. Add EO to boiling water then this to dry ingredients. Scent will be strong but will fade slightly when dry. For colored stones, blend in food coloring, one drop at a time until desired shade is reached. Blend ingredients and form balls. Allow stones to dry. Place stones in a bowl or dish to scent a room.

I copied this from a thread here that dcroome listed. I think it was #83 on that list. I hope I did this right.

Oh yeah! Meatloaf girl! *lol* I have no idea if you could use sea salt. I don't see why not?? I hate saying that in case it's not a good idea. If it were me, I'd try it. But then again, I want to try everything on this site!! *lol* I really thought I had bought rock salt the other day, but if I did, then I've lost it. I just finished making mine, I used Mortons salt, just the regular stuff. I rolled them into balls and used neon colored food coloring. *lol* They just look like balls of playdough. *lol* I'm now looking for some cookie cutters, maybe I can make shapes out them. The colors are Easter colors. Pastels. I don't know why they call them neon, they are pastel.

Ok, it's after midnight and I have made the scented rocks and a few different scented milk baths. About a month ago I found what I thought was soap molds, still not sure if they are...anyways, they have a baby duck in them and a babys block with alphabet letters on it. It's 2 pieces. So I took some of the scented rocks and put them inside this mold and covered it with the other half, then wrapeed a thick rubber band around it to hold it together. Will this work? I have no clue. *lol* I will check it in the morning.

How did yours turn out morningstar??

They smelled my whole house up last night, but now there doesn't seem to be a smell. I have to go out later today, so I'll see when I come back in if it still smells. Those little mold things....when I took the rubber band off and started to pull it apart, it was still wet and started to separate. Guess that wasn't such a good idea. *lol*

Did you color yours??