Pourette's new pricing

I just ordered from Pourette today. I have been doing business with them for 12 years. I always received a 40% discount off of the retail catalog prices. Today the woman I spoke with told me that they have raised prices and the catalog is now their new wholesale pricing. Has anyone else learned about this? I haven't seen a thread about this. I just sent them an email. How can a company almost double their prices overnight? I will be looking elsewhere for products. Donita Louise

I just ordered from Pourette today. I have been doing business with them for 12 years. I always received a 40% discount off of the retail catalog prices. Today the woman I spoke with told me that they have raised prices and the catalog is now their new wholesale pricing. Has anyone else learned about this? I haven't seen a thread about this. I just sent them an email. How can a company almost double their prices overnight? I will be looking elsewhere for products. Donita Louise

As I'm sure you can remember, they use to have a catalog and the catalog price was retail and you got a discount off of that price. That must be what you are talking about.

A year or 2 back, maybe longer, they did away with the catalog and went with their new web site with one price no wholesale prices. They still have some items with quanity discount prices.

I have bought thousands of tin and plastic molds from Pourette over the past 12 or so years......this was a shock. I actually bought my seamless aluminum ones from the man who makes them for all of the candle suppliers....he lived near me in Virginia and sold them to me for less than what he wholesaled them for....boy was I lucky. He makes extruded auto parts.....but as soon as he called them "candle molds" they made him a lot more money.....a lot.....like really a lot.....(smile)... He put me in touch with Don of North Valley Candle Molds.....he does nice work and I just received a pdf file this morning with their price list. If I buy 25 molds I can get a 40% discount and you can mix up the sizes. He has great quality....like he makes the molds for Yaley. Nice man too. There is a 20% discount on molds if you buy 13. I am glad that I only ordered a few from Pourette yesterday.....it is so sad that I left so many behind in Virginia......maybe they are in someones storage place....I hope. Donita Louise

I asked for an updated catalog after 10 years or so and never got the discounts, which I knew there was a regular pricing and once upon a time there used to be that sweet pricing we love lol. As I understood it in 2004, there were no longer differences, which surprised me.

Julie.....I just found an invoice from April 2005 and I was getting a discount. It was after that when I started making the photo canes and ordered the 5 x 6 hurricane molds.....I got a discount on those....and there were other supplies that I ordered not that long ago. I don't have my old files....left them in Virginia....I think...what a mess. Oh well.....it is what it is. At least I am close enough to Cierra Candle and can pick up wax saving me a ton on shipping. Donita Louise

Same here but for 30 years I have ordered from them and always got the 40% discount. I posted in another post that I thought they changed the discount program several months back but I didnt need anything at the time that I saw it and didnt read up good on what it said. I need some stuff soon so I guess I will find out more when I call them with the order.

Bruce