How to make m&p soap harder?

Caroline

Hello! I am new here, having just found this forum. I have a question for you all. I want to make my melt and pour soap harder, and I have read how to do it, but I can't find it now. What do I add to make it feel more firm and last longer? I am using the SFIC base.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi

I use the SFIC bases also & I add a little Palm Kernal Oil flakes...maybe 1/2 tsp pp to start...you have to kind of play around with it b/c like the Bee's Wax, if you use too much, you'll end up with a bar that's hard as a rock, won't lather & will NEVER melt! LOL Ask me how I know this!

It's pretty much trial & error until you get it the way you want it...have fun with it!

Sharon

I am new to this as well. I added 1tablespoon of beeswax! hahaha... I am hoping that it won't be too hard.

It is a nice firm bar, and it isn't melting away in the shower.

However, play around with it... I used the Shea base, and the lather is creamy, but I would like it to lather up more.

Have fun playing!

• 14 years later...

Hey i'm new here and i've been making soaps for about 8 months. I made some new glycerin soap from Hobby Lobby and it's very soft but the lather is the bomb... 😃🤣 but just trying to figure out what can i add to it to make it not be so soft.. i see some said beeswax and stearic acid. but my concern then would be the lather.. i'll play around with it too see what happens. and it may be the glycerin from Hobby Lobby? i do have some from Brambleberry that i'm going to put in there and see what happens also