Sunburn

I've my husband an refreshing aftersun spray. But I am so terrible at writing things down when I make stuff for us.

It has aloe, vit e, I think emu oil , or squalene ... or maybe both :confused: ... no I think it has kukui oil..... yes, It had some of that.... and maybe emu??

and a tad of peppermint eo.

He has never peeled after being in the sun, and he has been outside alot (working on my workshop!!!!!!!!!!!!) and we live in houston, 10000 degree weather here!

so I guess I wasn't much help... sorry! But at least you know it was something in between those lines.

Hey hun plain emu oil is great for burns but it's best used immediately after you get burned. I used a mixture of Aloe, Emu, Ostrich, and Monoi with a bit of Vit-E for when i got burnt in Galveston and it worked wonderfully. Hope you figure something out for him burns are very painful.

HUGS

On the subject of sunburns.. I'm curious about something....

Mind you, I'm not contradicting ya'll, since I don't know and have never tried shea butter. :o

When I was young, we were taught to put butter/margarine on burns, like stove burns. Over the years, they said that it was just an old wives tale and would actually make burns worse, to run under cold water. Isn't shea butter oil based like butter? Or is it because sunburns are different from contact burns? Or is the whole butter/ice water just an old wives tale in whole?

I dunno Ducky, I tried shea butter (since that's what I have on hand) on him yesterday. I gently massaged it in and he said it felt really good. He also said that the body builders must use shea butter to make them shiny ROFL.

Thanks for all the help. :)