Lip Balm Labels Won't Stick

SueH

i too had that problem and thought to myself... what the heck am i to do now.. until i found the little shrink wrap band for the lip balm tubes at ky.. works awesome.. and i feel better selling my balms since there shrink wrapped.. there inexpensive.. and they work really nice...

ladeana

I use the ones from WSP as well. They work good, although they seem a bit long for the tube if you want the perforation to line up with the space between the tube and the cap. I usually just trim the tiny bit off the bottom before I shrink them on.

Every time I see this kind of post I always say the same thing:

Have you tried to wash them with soap and water once you're done pouring them? There is some kind of spray that goes onto the finished container that when washed off has no interference with labels.

Try that before you go making extra work for yourself.

I wash mine after I cap them. Haven't had a problem till just about 5 minutes ago. I followed my usual procedure, and after labeling about 25 or so, I noticed the labels were not sticking. I print all of my labels on my printer and realized that I loaded "repositionable" sticker paper instead of permanent. Are your labels preprinted or do you print your own and if so, what type of label paper are you using?

Well...in my previous post, I thought I used the wrong label. Come to find out, I didn't. Recently, I switched from the natural tube to the all white tube. I've never had problems with labels not sticking to the natural tubes whether I used permanent labels or repositionable. I am definitely having problems with the all white tubes. As of this morning, and after trying both, repositionable and permanent, all of my natural tubes are still labeled...no problems....The white ones? Every morning when I wake up the first thing that I've been doing is checking the white tubes and guess what, labels not sticking. I even printed new labels to overlap a bit. Could it just be the white tube? I'm going back to the natural. As far as shrink wrapping, once the consumer removes the shrink wrap, what will prevent the label from popping off?