1. 1. Which Container Wax Do You Use ?

• IGI Classic Container Blend 4786
    • IGI Comfort Blend 4627
    • Astorlite J-50
    • Astorlight J-223
    • Ecosoya Container Blend 135
    • Straight Paraffin
    • Other

I use C-3 soy, mixed with two other soy waxes for my personal soy blend because I can get it locally. I use to use 6006 years ago but then it was flaked and as I understand, Now has been reformulatated by IGI into a slab wax. :confused: But I still have several bags of the old 6006. :D

I voted other. I use CB-3 Calsoy (can get it in my state and really love it) as my main wax, but also use JS-123 (paraffin) for some scents in my tureen jars until I use it up. I may end up just offering the soy later. I would like to try the Ecosoya 135 and the Ecosoya Pure soy to have something to compare the CB-3 with, but I am afraid that if one of those is better, then I am back to getting wax in another state other than the state I live in and that means the horrible shipping prices. :cool:

I would like to try the Ecosoya 135 and the Ecosoya Pure soy to have something to compare the CB-3 with, but I am afraid that if one of those is better, then I am back to getting wax in another state other than the state I live in and that means the horrible shipping prices. :cool:

Holly, if you're happy with what you have, don't change!! Especially considering the shipping costs! I loved J50, and only switched because I was able to get 1945 locally.

Hey Trish,

I know what you mean -- that dreadful shipping. The CB-3 is working really well. It is just that, "what if one produces less frosting and just as good of a throw" thought. Then I think, is the shipping worth the less frosting. I brought ten candles to a friend yesterday and she said that the one candle that I had the most frosting looked cool. Some do not have hardly any which is no big deal to me but the one that I thought had a little more than I liked she thought looked fine and I know that she meant it -- she would tell me otherwise. So, that made me feel so much better. It is that fear of first starting to sell and not knowing how happy people will be, and so on. I have only sold candles to a few friends, but I am getting close to getting confident to sell to others. I still have some testing to do, but I am getting close. The fact that the soy does not leave any soot residue on my "soot collecting" jars is wonderful! I really have found that I am a soy girl. :)

I do mostly pillars. I did get some Joy wax and have tried it in a container. I like it I guess, but I have never worked with other container waxes, so I can't really compare it. The one thing that I don't like about it: it stinks!!!! It smells like...like...umm I am not sure what it smells like, but it is bad!! If I use a FO that is not super strong you can smell the wax over the FO

i voted for other i get my wax from candlewic and i use cbl 125 or 130 love them 125 adheres to the glass to min wet spots and 130 pulls just alittle bit away so no wet spots but cant use it for layers. but great cold and hot throw :)

Have you ever compared these to J223? Was thinking of trying the cbl130 but wondered if it has as good of cold throw as the 223.

Julie

anyone else use joy?

Hi tlc26 - I use the Joy Wax and have for over a year. It has an awesome cold and hot throw and wicks well with zincs. You are right about the smell, but my biggest issue is with the sink holes. :( I just despise them !!! I have been testing and testing other waxes but most do not compare for scent throw. Currently, I am testing the J300 and scent throw is the closest I have found.

Have a Blessed Day - Brenda

• 4 months later...