Heart Pillar

tamsoycandles

The pic is much nicer than the actual, but thanks!

Here's what I did: Made the heart tarts and set them in the bottom of the heart mold. I plugged the hole in the mold, as I'll be wicking it later. I poured a small amount of wax and allowed it to set a bit to hold the tarts in place. I then filled the mold to about 1/2 from top.

Here's the part I wasn't sure how to accomplish: How to get the side imbedded hearts to stay?

The hearts on the side of the candle are cast from a soap mold. What I did was to use a wooden stick to slide the heart down the side of the mold and into the position I wanted, and held it there. Then, I took a piece of ice and moved it around on the outide of the mold so that some of the wax around the imbed would solidify and hold the heart in place. I then removed the stick and did the same for the other side. It worked out pretty well.

Once I removed the candle from the mold, many of the imbeds were partially hidden by the pink wax. I basically shaved the wax down until I got into the shape of the imbed to my satisfaction.

It's fun just to play with this stuff.

Tony