Last question...promise!

There are different types of waxes, including soy and paraffin. (There is a soy/veggie wax section here too, in case you're interested). You blend them by melting both together and stirring ;) As for why... usually because the person wants some qualities that each has. This is a good time to start research. Look at some supplier sites for info about the different types of waxes available and their properties. This is the link to Peaks different waxes.

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=WAX

You'd be surprised how much you can learn by Googling too ;) There is no formula for how much of each to mix or even which ones to mix. It just depends an which qualities you want more of and which less, or even equal amounts. If you're very new to candle making, it's a much better idea to start off simple, not trying to blend, at least until you have some experience with different waxes and how they handle, then decide which qualities are important to you. Hopefully soon the archive of the old board will be up, there's massive helpful info there.

There are different types of waxes, including soy and paraffin. (There is a soy/veggie wax section here too, in case you're interested). You blend them by melting both together and stirring ;) As for why... usually because the person wants some qualities that each has. This is a good time to start research. Look at some supplier sites for info about the different types of waxes available and their properties. This is the link to Peaks different waxes.

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=WAX

You'd be surprised how much you can learn by Googling too ;) There is no formula for how much of each to mix or even which ones to mix. It just depends an which qualities you want more of and which less, or even equal amounts. If you're very new to candle making, it's a much better idea to start off simple, not trying to blend, at least until you have some experience with different waxes and how they handle, then decide which qualities are important to you. Hopefully soon the archive of the old board will be up, there's massive helpful info there.

I so agree with ducky its all up to you

Not to hijack but Satin do you have a preference in waxes? Seems you make beautiful candles I'd love to try a blend you use to see how it works for me. :) If you want to share any of your secrets that is. :)

HUGS

Hate to disappoint you, but I don't have any secrets...lol. I just use IGI4625 pillar blend. I've have just started to try the 1343 this last week, since I'm having such fingernailing trouble with the blend in this heat and humidity. BTW: there's the camera factor here too. Mine don't look as nice in person. My camera is blurry up close and hides alot :D There are alot of people here that I would kill to be able to do work as beautiful! Thanks for the kind words :)

Okay, I just read on a site that the candle maker uses a Soy/parafin blend. What is this? What does blending them do? How do you blend...how much and so on?????

J223 and soy is a good blend, CB and soy is another. Most suppliers do now carry a 50/50 all ready to go.