Tips for Craft Fairs?

RobinInOR

VF Candles just started using metal shelves to display our products in our tent. Worked out wonderfully! Got a great increase in sales and really engaged the customers more with our products. It really cleaned up our tent display and made it much more open and professional. Just use some cut plyboard to fill in the holes on the shelf, paint them, and start selling! Pretty easy to set up/take down as well.

post-14831-0-84542300-1444698101_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

All you have to do is google it.  I live in Cherry Log, Ga.   So I just google:   Arts and Craft shows in Blue Ridge, Georgia.  Or I can also google:  Arts and Craft shows in north Georgia.  Or google arts and craft shows in Georgia.

Check the artists association of your town and ask them if/when they have arts and craft shows coming up.

Check the chamber too.  They will have a list.

Trappeur

• 2 years later...

Hi all! New here from Georgia. I read through the thread and I have a few questions, hopefully I didn’t miss these.

How many candles do you take to shows?

How many different scents do you bring?

What is the top selling size?

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Hi all! New here from Georgia. I read through the thread and I have a few questions, hopefully I didn’t miss these.

How many candles do you take to shows?

How many different scents do you bring?

What is the top selling size?

Most craft shows or fairs should have past attendance records.  Some might have breakdown sales data which shows how much different category of vendors sold at the fair.  It is considered huge success if a vendor(I am not talking about candle vendor here.) can make a sales to 15% of the attendees.  You have to keep in mind that one customer can buy several candles.  These things need to be research by you for your own show which you are planning to attend to come up with ideal inventory to take to a show.

*Attendance number could be totally different from last year due our current pandemic situation.

Too little or too many is not good!  I say 10 and no more than 15.  You would want to go to a show and check out how other candle makers are doing before decide on your scent selections.

First time buyers will be looking for small size like 7 to 8 oz candles.  Your repeat customers will be looking for bigger one 12 - 15 oz.  

• Like 1