Tell Me What You Think

Just out of curiosity, if "tart" can't be used then why does Wal-Mart use it on their brand of wax melts? I know I've seen that wording on a few other brands available in stores as well, I just can't remember where.

Not that it's a big deal to me or anything, I was just interested because it seems that every time someone mentions using "tart" on a site they get tore up over it.

honestly i'm don't get the whole yank** having a trademark on 'tart' but should the do i don't want them coming after me for using it. but as far as walmart i don't even think a candle company as big as them could touch walmart. but if it was me the could just grind me right into the ground

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it is still up to me

It is still up but when you click on any links, you just get a page welcoming you to the future home of southern-scents and ads. You can't purchase from there.

SS - Good to know you took the advice you were given and slowed down. In the long run, it is what is best.:wink2:

This whole thread is why *I* haven't opened my supply side up yet! I barely have my retail/wholesale side ready! You need to take your time and do things right - no matter what it is your doing... Just because you know how to run one kind of business doesn't mean you know how to run them all. I used to sell P@rtyL!te candles but that didn't mean when I first started out that I knew how to *make* a candle. Now that I've been into candle making for four years, now I feel I could do a supply side (very VERY small supply side). But first things first, I have to get my retail/wholesale site running smoothly (does this ever happen?) before I start *another* website for my supplies. And before I start my supply side, I'm going to do even more research (and pick a few brains of suppliers I know ;) ) on all the products I would be selling. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a good business.

JMHO

Life & Light!

Tish

It is still up but when you click on any links, you just get a page welcoming you to the future home of southern-scents and ads. You can't purchase from there.

SS - Good to know you took the advice you were given and slowed down. In the long run, it is what is best.:wink2:

It let me put in a fake order...

Thank You! Your order has been submitted.

A confirmation of your order has been emailed to fdsd@sd.net.

Click here to shop some more.

Below are the details of your order. Please print this page for your records.

Order Number:494809Ordered By:dfsdf

okc, ok 73132 US

fdsd@sd.net

405-555-5555 Ship To:dfsdf

okc, ok 73132 US Payment Method:Money Order/Cashiers CheckShip Method:UPS Ground

QuantityUnit PriceTotal PriceDescription1$1.50$1.50Bath Salts-Coarse-1 Pounds Subtotal:$1.50Shipping & Handling:$11.30Tax:$0.00TOTAL:$12.80Candles, Soap, Lotion, and More 3845 Ringgold Rd Forest, MS 39074 (601)-469-0231 www.southern-scents.com

Wonder if its a "go" again??

I tried it again and got a page for "user authentication" where I was asked for a user name and password. I clicked on "shop" and once again got that page announcing future home of SS? When I clicked on "shop' again, I got the authentication pop up again. Hmmm???? If she is working on it like she says, and all things IMO point to that, I think that is a good thing. Good for her.

I posted the, im gonna slow down before I began tearing it down. The shoping part will close tonight at 12. Yes, i was allowed to use the pics by gelluminations. I will work on the site for a few months to a year, which is what it needs and then hopefully everyone might give me a second chance at things. Everything that I have told you all has been the truth, it just all came out jumbled and the wrong way. I have tested and studied for months and months , i have made candles and given them away and test burned more than you could think, well maybe not but close. Thanks for all your help and advice.

southernscents,

The thing is we ALL learn things on here everyday- I think it's great you've decided to slow down and work on everything methodically, thinking it all through. You'll have that much more staying power. Things that start fast tend to finish pretty fast too.

Don't feel like you have to run away for a year and come back with all your ducks in a row. Feel free to post and ask honest questions as someone building a developing product- just not someone selling a developing product! I can't tell you how many questions I HAVEN'T asked because I used that neat "search" feature up near the top of the screen. Use it, it's great!

Looking forward to seeing you gain wisdom and experience, not just as a chandler, but as a FUTURE business person!

-Kristi