Tell Me What You Think

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do tell..... who makes the candles you are selling?

If it's you, how long did it take you to properly test all those scents that you seem to know nothing about??

And before you answer, please remember you are NOT talking to a bunch of idiots that are cluless to candle making!

Dang! I didn't realize this thread was still going on.

SS - I think you need to just give up. You've already created doubt. If you are a legit business and have done the things you need to do to be in this biz and be successful, I personally wouldn't worry about the opinions of others. Concentrate and put your efforts into your biz. However, if you aren't being truthful and haven't done the things necessary to increase your chances of success, it will all come out in the wash and you will pay the price.

DID I NOT EXPLAIN THAT POST???????

I meant my first large order.

You don't have to YELL!!

Yes, you did explain your first "large" order. The fact remains that you didn't know what size wick you were using which still leads me to believe you aren't ready to be giving away candles, much less selling them.

Ahhh well. Karma.

I gotta laugh out of the camera story. LOL I have an 8MP and I can resize any of my pics on my camera. I'm sure you could too, if you actually had that camera.

I also have to agree with the one that mentioned your soy lotion on the table. That HAS to be your picture, because I can't see anyone with a legit busniess using that picture. That's just gross!

I also have to agree with the one that mentioned your soy lotion on the table. That HAS to be your picture, because I can't see anyone with a legit busniess using that picture. That's just gross!

It's not her picture, look:

http://www.creativeilluminations.com/item_473.php

All the items for sale on her website are actually Gelluminations products that she is buying wholesale and having drop shipped. :undecided

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=388937#post388937

this is my new thread. I am using a cotton wick that is cut and tabbed, three inches. The size is 51-32-18. I will post pics of my candles. Gelluminations makes the candle on my site but the ones that I have tested and given away and everything i make with things from gelluminations. I have not tested all the scents but most of them,i only make candles from some of the scents that i sell, but that has taken me months.

This discussion has been brought to our attention by some of our customers. Due to this being brought to our attention we will be handling this with Southern-Scents personally.

Thanks to all of our customers that have emailed and brought this to our attention.

Lisa

Gelluminations

This discussion has been brought to our attention by some of our customers. Due to this being brought to our attention we will be handling this with Southern-Scents personally.

Thanks to all of our customers that have emailed and brought this to our attention.

Lisa

Gelluminations

Hi Lisa:

Glad to see you are here and aware of what is going on. I have gotten all my gel supplies from your company and was seriously considering a new source after this came to light. It really gives your company a bad reputation to have someone like that going public with their ignorance! (jmo)

I've been following this with great interest since the beginning. I don't understand what her hurry was with getting her website up and running. If it was before Christmas, maybe, but in January, what's the rush. There are hundreds and more candle sites out there offering high quality candles and supplies; it's not as if she's offering something not readily available already.

I also have serious problems with shoddiness. I've been in the craft business for years, and before you open a store, you have to be ready. You don't just throw stuff in piles, and then say, I'll make it better later. Before you open up, there has to be a certain degree of readiness. The same with a website, in my opinion. Just throwing together any old mess, and then asking for suggestions is like going out in the morning in your underwear and asking people if they think you should put on your pants. All that's been going on, with the fuss over the pictures and the candles etc etc etc is stuff that should have been dealt with in the very early stages of putting together a website, long before anyone else ever saw it. Again, what's the hurry? People had serious problems with the quality of some of the pictures: I'm not a good photographer, but even I wouldn't put out some of that stuff. And as for "borrowing" pictures, if you haven't had time to take pictures, then why are you open?

I'm not saying that everything has to be absolutely perfect, because I know that there will always be a certain amount of tweaking going on, but it should definitely be a little more finished than it is.

It's not her picture, look:

http://www.creativeilluminations.com/item_473.php

All the items for sale on her website are actually Gelluminations products that she is buying wholesale and having drop shipped. :undecided

Then shame on gelluminations, that is disgusting. The pics that I've seen from this girl that are supposedly gellumination pics make me wonder just how professional this gelluminations company really is too. But, that's just me.

Southern Scents -in another post you said that you had made your bath gel yourself and that it could be found on your website, the picture on your site is the same picture Gelluminations has on their site for their bath gel. Do you make the gel for them or are you buying from them wholesale, which then would make your reply not true.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=385602#post385602

I have to say I think you dug yourself a grave.

Well now... Seems the website is no more. At least for now. I have nothing against earnest all be it inexperienced people, on a personal level. BUT some people just need to slow the heck down. As Doris said- why be in such a rush that you toss out bad pictures. Are you going to explain to every customer who is about to turn away... 'oh well that's just because i need a new camera. Actually I have a camera but it's a large format and blah blah blah and I have rights to use these pictures and blah blah blah- that's all. Buy from me now.' Lol.

I don't think so!

I also don't understand why anyone would expect to sell the SAMETHING another larger site does... a PROFESSIONAL COMPANY for crying out loud... from you regardless if it is cents cheaper or not. WHY? I mean how great do you think you are? :rolleyes2 And does that not down right undercut the very hand that feeds her? HELLOOOOOOOO.

Ok, I went and got personal. Sorry. I just don't understand it.

It was a nice homepage. But Lesson of the Day: Nice homepages don't make a business.:2cents:

I only changed one pic and that was the one that i got from candletech.com. every other pic that is on my site i am legally allowed to use in any way that i would like

I have been following this post with extreme interest....and have to ask...even if the pic has been changed, do I smell possible lawsuit?

Isn't is illegal to use photographs from a site that has this on the website??

All Contents ©2002-2005 Candle Making Techniques, All Rights Reserved

Uhm.. the whole "large format" picture taking is a load of bull.

You got a 10 megapixel camera? Awesome! I bet it does take really large file-size pictures.

Guess what?

That's what photo-editing software is for. You can change the size of the actual picture, AND the file size to suit your needs.

But, what do I know? I'm not a professional photographer like you.

Just out of curiosity, if "tart" can't be used then why does Wal-Mart use it on their brand of wax melts? I know I've seen that wording on a few other brands available in stores as well, I just can't remember where.

Not that it's a big deal to me or anything, I was just interested because it seems that every time someone mentions using "tart" on a site they get tore up over it.