Tell Me What You Think

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've figured out that you've set up a wholesale agreement with gelluminations to have them drop-ship for you.

Are you gonna make your own candles or just wholesale? How did you get them to agree to selling below their retail price? I thought that typically wasn't allowed...

-Kristi

Would have been nice if she said that up front instead of us being led to believe these are hers. Wondering about the price also?

Ditto on a domain if you ever sell your own candles.

Ok guys, i guess i already had a bad rep hear and i just wish people would forget about my first couple post. yes, i have an agreement. The products are mine pretty much i buy then resale so.....Another thing, in the agreement it was never said that my prices had to be the same as theirs. So, I also in the right there. Yes, all of the products are from gelluminations.

Ring of Fire this is what you said:The colors on the welcome page are pretty but it doesn't carry through to the rest of the pages. The moving cursor should go, I know a lot of people hate that. The word shop moving back and forth on the welcome does nothing so why have it? Clearer pictures and not having to click on the product to see them. JMO.

My reply was: What do you mean?

I just want to know what you meant by: It doesn't carry through the rest of the pages.

What color does not carry is all that i was asking.

Also, kristi, if there are mispellings, please bring them to my attention so that i can fix them if you dont mind. thanks

Also, i thought i said in one of my later post that these were gellumination's products and pics. Anyways. thanks all of you for your help and when i start selling my products i will do it on another webpage. I may just keep the other items where they are and sell my products on my actual webpage . well, thanks

So you are selling Gelluminations products yet you really know nothing about this business or how to make candles and any B&B? Are you trying now to become a supplier? If this is correct, then how would you answer any question I may have as a customer ? How can you offer trouble shooting if you have no experience? :undecided:undecided Building a customer base and good reputation takes a lot of time and experience in the business.

Wow, if those are gelluminations photos and the products are wholesaled from gelluminations, I wonder why so many of the wicks on the gel candles are crooked? Is gelluminations selling inferior product or just taking pictures of the worst gel candles?

So you are selling Gelluminations products yet you really know nothing about this business or how to make candles and any B&B? Are you trying now to become a supplier? If this is correct, then how would you answer any question I may have as a customer ? How can you offer trouble shooting if you have no experience? :undecided:undecided Building a customer base and good reputation takes a lot of time and experience in the business.

I agree with Meridith. I'm from MS but doubt if I would ever purchase a product from this company. It seems as though they are trying to run a marathon before they have ever learned how to crawl. This to me is just scarey. JMHO

Ring of Fire this is what you said:The colors on the welcome page are pretty but it doesn't carry through to the rest of the pages. The moving cursor should go, I know a lot of people hate that. The word shop moving back and forth on the welcome does nothing so why have it? Clearer pictures and not having to click on the product to see them. JMO.

My reply was: What do you mean?

I just want to know what you meant by: It doesn't carry through the rest of the pages.

What color does not carry is all that i was asking.

If you can't figure it out I'm not telling. It's plain as day IMO and needs not explanation.

About using the word tarts , i know its kind of stubborn of me but most sites call them tarts so .... if they say anythings i ll just change it.

No, it isn't "stubborn" of you. It's illegal and unethical of you. So you know better than to steal but choose to do so until you are caught? You steal other people's hard work and expect to come here and have people tell you how it looks? Guess you got your answer.

The only pic that i used that was not mine was the one that everyone has been talking about so, i did take it off. About the tart thing. Since i am in the wrong i will change the word tart to melts but i would like to add that if i am a theif and unethical then so are many other people.

Ring of Fire: I though you were talking about the webpage. Now i understand you are talking about the store and the webpage. I will change it as soon as I have a chance.

Meridith:

I do know lots about business. This is not my first business this is my second one, the first is succesful. I know that it may seem that i do not know much about candles but i do. My post were written very poorly on my behalf and were interpreted the wrong way. Bath and Body works, i make tons of bath and body works. I give them as gifts and use them religiously at my home. I guarentee i can answer almost any question that the average consumer to advanced candle maker can throw at me. As i said above this is not my first business so i have an extensive customer database, in which all of my customers have been satisfied with their experience with my business. I truly hate that many people on this site are judging me by my first post which i regret every putting on this site. Thanks

Meridith:

I do know lots about business. This is not my first business this is my second one, the first is succesful. I know that it may seem that i do not know much about candles but i do. My post were written very poorly on my behalf and were interpreted the wrong way. Bath and Body works, i make tons of bath and body works. I give them as gifts and use them religiously at my home. I guarentee i can answer almost any question that the average consumer to advanced candle maker can throw at me. As i said above this is not my first business so i have an extensive customer database, in which all of my customers have been satisfied with their experience with my business. I truly hate that many people on this site are judging me by my first post which i regret every putting on this site. Thanks

The highlighted part there...are you freaking kidding me? I asked you a simple question about what wick size you are using and you had no idea! :rolleyes2

Meridith:

If this is not your 1st business, what was the name of your 1st business? I've lived in MS all my life and only about 2 1/2 hours away from you. If it has been so successful, then maybe I' ve heard of it.

If you are so experience in candle making and are so successful at it, what stores carry your candles? Or do you do wholesale? Why did you not have pics of your candles and an established website before now?

I only changed one pic and that was the one that i got from candletech.com....

um...it's still there. look on the FAQ page.

Since i am in the wrong i will change the word tart to melts but i would like to add that if i am a theif and unethical then so are many other people.

So, rise above. Do you do something in your business because "everyone else is" or do you do the right thing because you know it is the right thing to do. That's ethics. I want myself and my business to be ethical and I expect it of my suppliers, too.

Tell me what you think of my website and store please. www.southern-scents.com. Thanks.

Wow, Southern...quite the pickle!

I am a tad bit confused...real shocker there...but is Harvest Time (the label on your soy candles) like a product line name or a company name?

Also...after reading all of the other threads :lipsrseal :D ...I totally agree with some of the other posts. If I was Suzie Internet Shopper, I would be comletely lost as to what it is you are selling to the general public...meaning you have candles for sale, but then within the same table of contents, you have candle and bnb supplies for sale. This is merely my opinion, BUT....do you want your regular line customers seeing how to and what it costs to make these products??? It's sort of like giving away the family recipe and IMHO like shooting yourself in the foot.

If you have the business sense that you say you have, keep one website for your product line which is available to the general public and then make a separate site for your product making supplies....come on, chickie doo...you don't want give away all the secrets to the general public!!!! Chin up, and move on...look at it this way, you got total honesty in the replies!

Good luck!

Harvest time is a candle company which, through gelluminations, i wholesale for.

I understand where you are coming from, but the candles are not MY product. I just sell them. I am mainly selling to candle retailers, gift shops, and candle makers but if someone wants my products then i will sell to them. When i add my product line it will be on another site or i will do something else.

Thanks about the pic working on it now.

I never said that my first business was a candles store or anything. My first store was any electronics store. i sold out after about 10 years so that i could eventually open up a resturant but plans change.

Trish, i tried to answer the wick size question but i had just been ordering wicks from gelluminations, i had no idea what the wick size was, all i knew was that it worked. That does not mean i cant answer another question or even the same one.