Tell Me What You Think

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The colors on the welcome page are pretty but it doesn't carry through to the rest of the pages. The moving cursor should go, I know a lot of people hate that. The word shop moving back and forth on the welcome does nothing so why have it? Clearer pictures and not having to click on the product to see them. JMO

I think the home page is beautiful and very professional looking.

~But~ I clicked on the tab on the left hand side that says 'Shop'. It took me to basicly the same page again that told me this time I had to click on the word shop below to visit the online store. This may be typical practice - or there may be web design reasons for this...but I don't see the point of allowing me to click on a tab that will then send me to a page that forces me to go about getting where i wanted to go in the first place by clicking on something else.. if that makes sense, lol. ?I guess it's just an extra step- but online shoppers can be very impatient and don't like getting the run around on a website any more than they would if they called a store and got switched around to different departments.

But again- you have a nice front page- very very upscale!:highfive:

Southern.scents ... I cannot find any prices for your 16oz size ... what do you charge for a lb. of fragrance? Also, when I went to order, the shopping cart says that I ordered a 16oz or a 64oz bottle ... how do you know which size I want to buy? I can't find any price for a 64oz bottle either.

I went through the whole ordering process and didn't have a subtotal or total ... had no idea what I was spending. I'm confused. :undecided Maybe it's just me. One other thing ... I can't find scent descriptions. But again, maybe it's just me.

I love finding new suppliers ... if I knew some of your prices and what the fo's smelled like, I might try some out. One thing I noticed is that you carry the 4oz size ... I love that!

Looks good but a few things have to change. Get rid of the moving Welcome...very annoying. When you hit the shop button, why not have all your product pictures on one page. Also...that pic you have in the top right hand corner of the site, I've seen before on Peaks or the Candletech site. You may want to check with them first before using that pic. Some businesses get pretty sticky about using their pics. I would take another pic of your jelly jar as that pic is very washed out. Your soy melts look great, but adding a label to your packaging would really benefit your product. I did get a total on your shopping cart which was good. You should have a listing of fragrances with descriptions for the consumer. Don't think I'm slamming your site, just a bit a tweaking will have it looking GREAT! What better place to get feedback than here.

First, I agree about the moving cursor - that has to go. It's extremely annoying.

Second, your candle pictures seems a bit off to me. Some pictures have labels which say "Harvest Time" http://catalog.southern-scents.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=716677 and one jar has a label which say "Gelluminations" (or something like that)http://catalog.southern-scents.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=716678. This pic also looks extremely similiar to http://www.creativeilluminations.com/category_18.php Neither of these names are your company name and if you "borrowed" these pics, you really should take them down and use your own pics. Stealing someone else's product pictures is a big no-no. Plus, the labels don't even match each other. One is white and the others are kraft paper. If you don't have your labels made up, take pics of the jars without labels, rather than stealing other pics. And if you don't have labels ready, you're not ready to sell, imho.

Speaking of pics, I know how hard it is to take product pics, but many of your pictures are fuzzy or have odd lighting. I would try to take some better pics when you get a chance.

Finally, although your home page looks nice, the shopping pages look very bland and uninviting. I would try to spruce them up a bit.

hey guys, thanks for all of your help and i am currently changing many things after hearing your thoughts. Yes, most of my pictures are from gelluminations. I have permission to use them though. I am going to add my own pics as soon as i get the time. I aslo have many other products to add. I have removed the cursor trail and added fragrance chart and fragrance description page. I am working on seeing if there is a way to add the catalog to the site. About the catalog being bland, there is nothing i can do about that because it is what was offered by the people who are hosting me. I am also working on getting the picture coming up without you having to click on the product. A forum is another thing that is currently in the works and this should be up within a week. Thanks for all your help.

I knew I had seen those pics before - they are all from Gelluminations website - the bears, the clamshells, the candles, the candle kits, warning labels.

I don't think much of your site and even less of your ethics.

I understand how you feel but I am legally allowed to use their products and pics by them. Yes, their kits and items but my prices are almost always lower than theirs. I am working on adding my own products. I have to get a new digital camera that has better quality but small file sizes which is hard to find in my opinin because better quality=bigger file sizes.

The colors on the welcome page are pretty but it doesn't carry through to the rest of the pages. The moving cursor should go, I know a lot of people hate that. The word shop moving back and forth on the welcome does nothing so why have it? Clearer pictures and not having to click on the product to see them. JMO

Please explain what you mean about the colors. Cursor trail is gone. The scrolling word is gone. Working on the pictures which will take a while to get fixed because there are SOOOOOO many.

I think the home page is beautiful and very professional looking.

~But~ I clicked on the tab on the left hand side that says 'Shop'. It took me to basicly the same page again that told me this time I had to click on the word shop below to visit the online store. This may be typical practice - or there may be web design reasons for this...but I don't see the point of allowing me to click on a tab that will then send me to a page that forces me to go about getting where i wanted to go in the first place by clicking on something else.. if that makes sense, lol. ?I guess it's just an extra step- but online shoppers can be very impatient and don't like getting the run around on a website any more than they would if they called a store and got switched around to different departments.

But again- you have a nice front page- very very upscale!:highfive:

Thanks and I am currently working on this.

About using the word tarts , i know its kind of stubborn of me but most sites call them tarts so .... if they say anythings i ll just change it.

When I order samples I never buy or try samples from suppliers that just offer 1/2 ounce...I always order samples from suppliers that offer 1 ounce samples...just a thought

I have one ounce sample packs. 5 one ounce bottles and you pick the scents that you would like to try. You can pick 5 different scents or any comination of them. Thanks.

Southern.scents ... I cannot find any prices for your 16oz size ... what do you charge for a lb. of fragrance? Also, when I went to order, the shopping cart says that I ordered a 16oz or a 64oz bottle ... how do you know which size I want to buy? I can't find any price for a 64oz bottle either.

I went through the whole ordering process and didn't have a subtotal or total ... had no idea what I was spending. I'm confused. :undecided Maybe it's just me. One other thing ... I can't find scent descriptions. But again, maybe it's just me.

I love finding new suppliers ... if I knew some of your prices and what the fo's smelled like, I might try some out. One thing I noticed is that you carry the 4oz size ... I love that!

Hey, My fragrance prices change as the quantity gets into the pound and 4 pound bottles. What you saw was the request for the price on this item. I explained it all in the item description. Thanks and I hope you do try some of my scents. 4 oz is my favorite size also.

12/29/06 You were beginning to make candles and wanted to sell them and needed to know what a flash point was.

12/30/06 You were asking for the top 5 scents cause you wanted to start selling them.

You're gone for a week and now you sell candlemaking supplies, B&B supplies and already made candles? Who are you getting them wholesale from? You have every scent under the sun available for purchase immediately. You also have a website that is shotgun wedding- like with numerous misspellings and oddities....

I'm just missing something (obviously). How did you get your business information and liability insurance set up so fast?

-Kristi

12/29/06 You were beginning to make candles and wanted to sell them and needed to know what a flash point was.

12/30/06 You were asking for the top 5 scents cause you wanted to start selling them.

You're gone for a week and now you sell candlemaking supplies, B&B supplies and already made candles? Who are you getting them wholesale from? You have every scent under the sun available for purchase immediately. You also have a website that is shotgun wedding- like with numerous misspellings and oddities....

I'm just missing something (obviously). How did you get your business information and liability insurance set up so fast?

-Kristi

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OK, I've figured out that you've set up a wholesale agreement with gelluminations to have them drop-ship for you.

Are you gonna make your own candles or just wholesale? How did you get them to agree to selling below their retail price? I thought that typically wasn't allowed...

-Kristi