ohhhh can I use some help!!!

Ida

I have the opportunity to do a non-traditional fundraiser for a local Christian non profit group servicing at risk youth. She has rented space at her area WalMart and is planning on setting up a table and selling my candles there. I am thinking the best way to handle this type of fundraiser was to offer a 40% profit on one size candle (16 oz) Has anyone ever done this type of fundraiser? What price would you charge this leader per case? I typically charge $14.00 per candle $1.00 per ounce.....I hope this makes senses...how many scents...is 10 too much? Should I sell her the cases and leave what she charges up to her?.....so many questions....so little time!!! Any help is appreciated!! Thanks! Ida

Congrats! I've never done this type of fundraiser but my first thought was I wonder if people will buy them. I don't want this to come off negative or mean but the only reason I say this is because at my WM, the people that shop there are looking for a bargain and tend to only buy things that are cheaper in price. If you have more middle and upper income families shopping there then I think you will do well.

thanks for the reply.....i agree with you that's why i need advice on pricing! I guess you would consider the town the WM is in as upper/middle class...You were not negative at all....i appreciate everyone's imput....this is my first experience with this sort of things!! Thanks!

i would consider charging 2 times your cost to the organization and set a pricing limit, plus give her a suggested sales price. this way, you can tell her that you usually sell candles for X, but you don't think many would sell at Y.

to determine what size to sell, i would talk to the lady and ask her what her profit goal is. tell her if you think she is able to make that by selling SOME of the 14 oz or MORE of a smaller size. I know, it's hard to tell what will sell better, but something to think about. I think 10 scents is plenty so she won't have a bunch of candles sitting around behind the table or in a car. It would just be a pain for her to keep filling the scents or trying to search through boxes to find it.

they always do fundraisers outside of my area walmarts and people will buy stuff because they want to support the cause. good luck!