This might sound weird

I did a rebatch with scraps from two different m&P soaps- one was fresh brewed coffe, the other lily of the valley... I figured what the heck and went for it. The coffee is not really strong at all and the Lofv added a sweet creamyness. I racked my brain for days trying to think - what could I call this... what has to do with coffee AND spring, or coffee AND a garden... I finally come up with ' Latte Bouquet'... I'm gonna keep it, lol... (and don't mind sharing) but I really like the Wake up and smell the roses, lol. Very clever!

that's the scent of candles tom cruise had at his recent wedding coffee & rose.

Now you're really onto something. If you come up with a concoction that celeberties like, then they're sure to be a best seller. Who could resist a Tom Cruise favorite. LOL! :laugh2: I'm just jealous I didn't think of it! :P

i just done a qtip test of ics's coffee bean and mc's fresh cut roses you know it's not to bad it is so strong you have to hold the jar away and let the smell come to you or it's to strong. i'm going to try alittle batch in wax and see how that goes. who knows it could be a huge hit.

After I heard about the coffee/rose combo used at the TomKat wedding I q-tip tested Voodoo Love (which I rename Yellow Rose of Tx) & a coffee blend I had on hand & it was terrible. I figure it was a bad coffee fo to test & asked if anyone else had tested a better combo, but no answers. I suggested naming the combo TomKat or Italian Wedding. I kinda thought this combo would be big in '07. Would love to hear if anyone gets this to work.

Susan.

I've got this blend going in my basement right now, BCN voodoo love and fresh brewed coffee. I was shocked by how good it smells, thought for sure it would be nasty but it's really not.

ROFL -- spoken like a true candle junkie! I have a most hilarious visual of you brewing up a new batch of something bubbling in the basement ... very Halloween-ish & you are currently upstairs taking a break ... wearing a labcoat! I'm glad this combo is catching on & working out. Guess I better order some brewed coffee to get on the bandwagon.

Susan.

Not to hijack this thread -- but if coffee and roses doesn't sound as weird now -- has anyone ever tried chocolate and roses? This thread got me thinking about what I had in stock. No coffee, but I do have some strong dark chocolate and victorian rose FO and thought about mixing those together.

Any opinions on that combo? I'll probably pour it anyways just to see for myself, but thought I'd ask y'all.

ROFL -- spoken like a true candle junkie! I have a most hilarious visual of you brewing up a new batch of something bubbling in the basement ... very Halloween-ish & you are currently upstairs taking a break ... wearing a labcoat! I'm glad this combo is catching on & working out. Guess I better order some brewed coffee to get on the bandwagon.

Susan.

:laugh2: a little eye of newt and bat toe and it was all set :grin2: