Guideline to good customer service

KristinesShower

It's always nice to get some tips on special service, and to learn about special vendors that do something extra special.

Good customer service for me is never needing it. While it's very important that someone be there if I have a problem, I want service that is problem free. So good service means great packaging, a flawless inventory system so they've always got product in stock and I get it.

Robin, while I hail your ideals, let's have a reality check here, shall we? I'd have to wait til I'm dead and in heaven to have perpetually "problem free" and "flawless" sales transactions. Maybe we should start beaming products to customers? The only way in this life to get what you describe would be NEVER TO ORDER ANYTHING. Laughing with you hun, not at you.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really needed something that would make me smile and yep, this thread did that.............

Did it make you laugh as hard as it did me??? I would think that customer service questions would come from someone who A. has never bought from anyone or B. just starting a biz.. Not coming from someone who has been in the biz for a while and just had a very POOR customer service issue that was posted on this board. HMMM Just makes me wonder!!!

I have had a problem free and flawless transactions with Peak. I especially love the free oz of FO they throw in. They also throw in different things like pens and stuff like that which I think is cool.

I don't think this thread is embarrassing or stupid, sometimes it is good to get other opinions on CS....Some things are a no brainer but it is good to hear tips that other people use in their CS that might not occur to some people. Just because you've been in business for years doesn't mean you know everything about good CS, I can't tell you how many times I have been to big companies where you'd think the first thing they train their workers on is good CS but only to have been treated unfairly and like sh*t.

I have had a problem free and flawless transactions with Peak. I especially love the free oz of FO they throw in. They also throw in different things like pens and stuff like that which I think is cool.

I don't think this thread is embarrassing or stupid, sometimes it is good to get other opinions on CS....Some things are a no brainer but it is good to hear tips that other people use in their CS that might not occur to some people. Just because you've been in business for years doesn't mean you know everything about good CS, I can't tell you how many times I have been to big companies where you'd think the first thing they train their workers on is good CS but only to have been treated unfairly and like sh*t.

And you'd never shop there again, now would you?

Guest Milkmaid
I would also think discretion would be first and foremost in customer service. If you don't have something good to say about your customers, you should stfu. Even if the customer turned out to be wrong, never, ever brag about it. At least not on public forums.

I like this one so much I think we all need to read it again;) .

Also, regarding customer service- it needs to be equal. I have seen two candle supply companies that have been named for top notch service yet I have been SHAFTED by both of them. It just shows that not everyone is treated equal which SUCKS!

Whether a person spends $ 1 or $ 25, I treat them all the same.

Good point dcroome.

There are a couple suppliers that most people on this board LOVE but I had terrible service with them and will never order from them again. I do understand that sometimes there will be mistakes but you screw me the first time I order from you...It ain't happening again.

I don't think this thread is embarrassing or stupid, sometimes it is good to get other opinions on CS....

Did you happen to read the thread about IKS' customer service issue before it got deleted? If I hadn't read most of it before it got deleted, I might have thought this was just someone looking for some ideas or advice. But after the other thread, I'm not sure why this one even got started. I think you better have a pretty darn good idea of what good customer service is before you start a business. And I ditto some of the other comments - how would you want to be treated?

ICS - Kathy has gone ABOVE and beyond to help me resolve something that was not her fault. For that she gets my all-time best CS, plus super fast shipping and the whole nine yards. She answers emails promptly as well. I have no idea how she does it. She is obviously organized and very good at what she does.

Stone Stew South - Always pleasant to deal with, Linda has done alot to help me as well and ships promptly, and what a product, something you can't just order once!

Scent Works - Just started using them, very happy so far.

Texas Candle Supply - Very prompt processing, called me to let me know my order went out! Haven't received it yet, but impressed so far.

I do not feel this thread is embarassing at all. I find it very informative. Everyone has a different opinion of what good customer service is, some customers are more demanding than others.

If Jenny feels she needs help or ideas on how to better serve her customers to imporve her business, good for her. I feel this is no different than asking on how to sell your product, securing accounts, etc.

I for one appreciate threads like this, because I appreciate everyone's constructive input. I feel this improves my business as well as everyone else.

Can we get a good customer service thread going? I would like to know what YOU think good customer service is - provide any orders you placed in the past or stand outs that just stuck in your mind.

OMG woman! You are obviously just trying to stir the pot around here aren't you! You know full well everyone here gave you their opinions on good customer service when you sh*t on one of your customers and then came here to brag about it! Hey, if you really want to know what good customer service is, we will give you 10% of an answer on your next question! How does that sound? :eek::angry2: :rolleyes2 santa eek

I would think when someone began to think of developing into business they would have thought about how to treat their customers to keep them coming back. There are "little things" that can be done to be special, but common sense, not the drive to make as much $$ as you can should be the guideline.

It does not seem to me that this thread was started with a genuine purpose either.

OMG woman! You are obviously just trying to stir the pot around here aren't you! You know full well everyone here gave you their opinions on good customer service when you sh*t on one of your customers and then came here to brag about it! Hey, if you really want to know what good customer service is, we will give you 10% of an answer on your next question! How does that sound? :eek::angry2: :rolleyes2 santa eek

Lmao

:laugh2:

Ok, so I'm gonna be banished from the boards now, but I read the original thread that everyone keeps talking about and ya' know what...it's a done issue, move on!

Jenny probobly started this thread to get some tips on how to improve service, and I can't fault her for that, (and neither should any of you). I don't care if you've been in business for 1 year or 20, there are always things that you can learn and there shouldn't been any feeling of embarassment about asking for help!

I've probobly said enough now to never get help again when I ask a question, so I'm off to hide my head.

Oh yeah, HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!!!santa chee I hope that your holidays are filled with love, cheer, family and fun!

A couple of weeks ago, IKS came here and, under the guise of not knowing how to offer good cs, bragged about how she screwed a customer, the customer went to a forum and complained, and as a result, IKS got additional orders, or so she says. She was proud of herself for offering crappy customer service and having it result in more business.

santa emba

Then the customer found this forum and saw how she was being talked about. She responded. She was banned. The thread was deleted. Business as usual.

....."but a judicious application of "the customer is always right" is appropriate."

:o

Walking so far away from this one. Or maybe not.

If all people were honest and there was a Walgreen’s on every corner that had everything you needed when you needed it.

In a perfect world "the customer is always right" would be a very true statement. However some "customers" fail to take responsibility for there wrong doing and will sooner tell you something broke in the mail to see if they can get a freebie.

For the most part people are honest but... You can not run a profitable business on replacing stuff you don't have back in your possession and playing ship and sniff and exchange.

I can’t remember the last time I called walmart and said “Hey this set of dishes is shattered” and they just said “We will credit your card right away, no need to bring it back, just throw it out.” Or for that matter going to return anything and the sales girl reimbursing my mileage and gas for my trip.

You just handle your CS issues according to what they are and who they are coming from.

Ok, so I'm gonna be banished from the boards now, but I read the original thread that everyone keeps talking about and ya' know what...it's a done issue, move on!

IKS the one who started this thread. We are offering our expertise. If she didn't want it, she is the one who should move on.

IKS the one who started this thread. We are offering our expertise. If she didn't want it, she is the one who should move on.

It's my belief that she started THIS thread to get pointers/tips and ideas on how to IMPROVE her customer service. I think that it's commendable (sp) and can find no fault in that.

Its along the same lines of asking for advertising tips if you tried one way and it didn't work out. It's all just looking for help, which is what this forum is supposed to be about.