Guideline to good customer service

KristinesShower

Can we get a good customer service thread going? I would like to know what YOU think good customer service is - provide any orders you placed in the past or stand outs that just stuck in your mind.

First and foremost, I would have to say that Uline.com has good customer service.

Why? Whenever I call there, they know who I am and what I want lol I always get my products the next day or the day after, so fast service makes me happy as a consumer too.

How 'bout you?

**My new year's resolution is to provide excellent customer service and I need to learn how to do that properly.**

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayousome has good customer service. They respond to my emails (even if they're just trivial questions like how tall is this bottle) very quickly, often within the hour. I've tried emailing other packaging suppliers with similar types of questions and never got any response.

I appreciate when Peaks (and others) update their websites enough to reflect out of stock items.

There was only 1 isolated time when they were out of an item that the site didn't show as such. And in that case they called me minutes after I placed the order online to let me know and to ask how to proceed with the rest of the order.

and giving free shipping on the replacement. A little good customer service keeps people coming back for more. A little bad customer service, and the world hears about it.

You are a buying customer. Presumably you kow what good customer service is compared to bad. I know I sure do. Put yourself in the shoes of the customer. How would you like to be treated? Then do that.

I appreciate when Peaks (and others) update their websites enough to reflect out of stock items.

There was only 1 isolated time when they were out of an item that the site didn't show as such. And in that case they called me minutes after I placed the order online to let me know and to ask how to proceed with the rest of the order.

Oh gosh. I am so with you on this. I can't stand when a supplier has to email me or call me and say "Sorry, we are out "

and giving free shipping on the replacement. A little good customer service keeps people coming back for more. A little bad customer service, and the world hears about it.

You are so right. 1 happy customer tells 1 friend. 1 UNHAPPY customer tells 10 of hers/his friends who tell 10 of their friends.

Isn't good customer service a matter of common sense and treating customers the way you would want to be treated? Seems to me its a no brainer. Word of mouth advertising can make or break a business. Sometimes it is better to take a loss to keep a customer happy and coming back than to do otherwise. At least you are thinking of ways to improve CS. That is always a start.

I have to fully agree with the website updating to reflect something out of stock, and communication. I dont feel anyone should be at my beck and call lol, but an answered email in a timely manner is something that really makes me happy. I'm not one to email unless there is an issue or a question I have searched high and low and can't find. Phone calls are nice, but an email would also be fine with me if there is a problem with my order. Just my couple of cents :smiley2:

Let's ask Maddi, I think she knows.

I hope this post wasn't startd to irk us on.

You know IKS, aren't you even the least bit embarrassed asking this question? It's not rocket science to know what good customer service is. Some have it, some don't. You have been in business how long?

I just replaced a shipment of 10 pounds of melts that FedEx crushed (first time ever). No questions asked. I busted my butt to get them redone for the customer, shipped them out ASAP and that was before I got my refund from FedEx. I am sure they could still use some of those tarts, but I was not about to ask them to send them back.

That's good customer service.

I just replaced a shipment of 10 pounds of melts that FedEx crushed (first time ever). No questions asked. I busted my butt to get them redone for the customer, shipped them out ASAP and that was before I got my refund from FedEx. I am sure they could still use some of those tarts, but I was not about to ask them to send them back.

That's good customer service.

Your right- that is good customer service.. Kudos to you Ring.. :-)

It's always nice to get some tips on special service, and to learn about special vendors that do something extra special.

Good customer service for me is never needing it. While it's very important that someone be there if I have a problem, I want service that is problem free. So good service means great packaging, a flawless inventory system so they've always got product in stock and I get it.

Good customer service depends. What I demand is that someone answer the phone, or make darned sure their message explains why they cannot and when they will call me back. I need to know when something is out of stock, and if I'm not told that when I place the order I need everything else to ship now and the oos item to be sent when it is available without additional shippng charges. I need good packaging.

Frankly it irks me when a company tells me breakage is my problem, and that I have to follow up with the post office and file an insurance claim. It happened to me once. I didn't bother with the claim, nor did I order a replacement. I know it was posted in their policy but I don't play that. They should have simply shipped out a replacement. Granted, it was my first order with the company so perhaps they didn't now if I was for real or not - but it was also my last order with that company.

I don't expect them to "suck it up", but a judicious application of "the customer is always right" is appropriate.

I expect a reasonable "handling fee" if any. Preferably none. Yes, build the cost of doing business into the base price so I don't get hit with extra charges as I'm checking out - that's just obnoxious. And don't make the shipping charges so ridiculous that I know you have put it there. Unfair if you ask me - and makes it hard to comparison shop.

You know IKS, aren't you even the least bit embarrassed asking this question? It's not rocket science to know what good customer service is.

I'm embarrassed to be reading this. Embarrassed for my peers. If it's a cheap bowl, replace it. If it's a large item or of value, buy insurance.

How hard can it be to know this? Damage control needs to happen before, not after. If this is some kind of damage control, it isn't working. It's simply exacerbating the problem.

Brambleberry has excellent customer service.

I had a quarterly FO shipment arrive with a leaking box. I was not in the office but the mailroom refused the shipment. I sent Brambleberry an email to notify them that I was not in when the box arrived and it had been returned because something obviously was broken... They emailed be back within a couple of minuntes and informed me that another shipment was on its way. They had received an email from FedEx that they shipment was refused and had already sent the replacement. I received the new shipment 2 days later.

This is what a company is supposed to do. They went the extra mile and had already taken care of the problem BEFORE I contacted them. I was shocked.

Can we get a good customer service thread going? I would like to know what YOU think good customer service is - provide any orders you placed in the past or stand outs that just stuck in your mind.

First and foremost, I would have to say that Uline.com has good customer service.

Why? Whenever I call there, they know who I am and what I want lol I always get my products the next day or the day after, so fast service makes me happy as a consumer too.

How 'bout you?

**My new year's resolution is to provide excellent customer service and I need to learn how to do that properly.**

Well you are my most recent customer service gold star winner! I pm'd about the nudie soap and got a prompt reply, I placed my order and omg, the box got here so fast I have had to hide it so it gets wrapped for xmas and not used before. Securly packaged and in perfect order. Everything looks and smells and good as the website made it sound.

I wanna be Kristine when I grow up!

Sami

Jenny - I have been a customer of yours for a while and I have always experienced very good service with you & your company in general. Your product are the best, and that counts for alot to me. The fact that you care enough to ask for opinions, shows you interested in meeting the needs of your customers.

There are a few vendors that I deal with routinely that I can always count on to have EXCELLENT customer service;

Kentucky Candle Supply - Vickey is awesome. When I started in the biz she shared her knowledge extensively and continues to do so through her forum or over the phone. Her shipping is very timely, and if she is running slow, she communicates that to you - I appreciate good communication. On top of that her products are top notch, priced reasonably and she does the research to make sure she is not selling junk.

Bitter Creek - the staff there has always been friendly and while their website is not very easy or nice to use, when I call to place orders I am always pleased that I am treated so nicely. And I love free gifts and samples.

Royal Aromatics - website issues and shipping slowness aside, they are very knowledgable when it comes to their products and they are very personable on the phone.

Columbus Foods - Mike is the BEST example of good customer service I have ever come across. He knows his products, his prices are good, he supports crafter's organizations...what more can I say?

Lyschel at Candle Cocoon - Ships extremely quick, is very easy to talk to and knows her products. Additonally, her high quality standards are maintained in all her new additions.

And since websites are part of what I do for a living, ease of use when placing an order is tops with me on grading good customer service - for that one I would have to give a big thumbs up to Wholesale Supplies Plus!