Room spray with Witch Hazel and distilled water

momof4kids

Guest OldGlory

"ml" is a capacity measurement, not weight.

For example, a tablespoon of salt or a cup of flour is a capacity measurment - you fill up the tablespoon or cup. A weight measurement of salt would look like "30 grams" or 1 lb., and you would weigh that on a scale.

Don't feel bad - this throws off a LOT of newbies.

Not to be too technical, but if the specific gravity of the Optiphen ND is at or near 1, then .5 ml should be .5 grams.

That formula does not sound overly specific to begin with. Would you mind posting the recipe you plan to try so we can take a quick look? Some Preservatives can be deactivated by certain ingredients and can have very small usage rates.

• Like 1

If you plan to continue making scented products with really small units of measurement, a small gram scale, like those on ebay, may be a good idea.

You can probably get away safely with good droppers for a while using the ingredients you have chosen. That preservative in that sample formula has a more forgiving usage rate.

• Like 1

The op asks could a room spray formula be used as a body spray? I say no and would test the formula on fabrics and just use in genreal to get an overall impression of results. Personally, I don't like witch hazel. If you intend to make up a test batch only, I wouldn't worry about the preservative aspect just yet. Cut the formula down to fill a small spray bottle and not waste a lot of raw material. Remember that essential oils are a whole different approach than fragrance oils but today's mfg usually break the percentages down for the different applications. I wouldn't spray that on my body and not sure about the furniture; maybe into the air at best. Just my opinion.

Steve