question on wholesale and private labels

friendlyMOM

You can do it however you would like to. I would charge more to do private label. And actually, I won't do private label, because it's just too much trouble for me.

I do, however, allow my wholesale customers to use their own labels if they like and I will give a .25 per item discount for that. I hate labelling, so I really like that arrangement.

Candleman, I came up with a blank when I clicked on your link.

Friendlymom, there are many different arrangements you can make for private labeling.

1) Some do not charge any different for private labeling.

2) Some charge a fee for private label.

A. You can charge a one-time "set-up fee," such as $50

B. You can charge a per-label fee, such as $.10 to $.25 per label.

C. You can do both.

3) You can require a minimum purchase amount in order to do private label, such as "free private labeling with $200 minimum purchase," or "free private labeling on units over 100."

You should decide on what you will offer for private label. Will you only offer one label material selection, such as clear, or will you allow them to choose from matte white, glossy white, kraft, etc? Can you offer multiple ink colors, or print in black only? Do you have to design art for the customer, or will they supply art to you?

I do private labeling, but it would be my choice on labeling and I don't charge extra for it. But if someone wants their own pictures and fonts and certain information on the labels than I do charge $10-15. 1st time set-up fee. Not a big deal for me since I already do my own labeling, but if I had to go to an outside company it would be whatever their fees are. Good Luck!