My first batch of G.M. Soap

von691

Here is the pic of my gm soap. I left it unscented but played with a brown oxide swirl. The mold was a pringles can. It has turned out well. Except I noticed it has air bubbles in it and around it. I also used a veg. spray on the can. What will cause that so I don"t do it again.

Is it because it was too warm or I over sb it possibly. Any help there would be appreciated. Is frozen gm when added to lye supposed to turn a thick caramel color?

Lookin' gooooodd!!! :yay::cool2:

Yes, when you add the lye and GMm together, it will darken and can even turn a burnt orange color (think of that ugly 70's carpeting and you pretty much have the same color. lol) . But if you have your GM frozen, it won't darken as much and you won't have as much of a chance to curdle your GM. But if you do curdle the GM, it is still OK to make soap with it. Your air bubbles could be that you didn't slam the mold down enough to pound the air bubbles out. :undecided

i just love GM soap and I bet you will too! ;)

Great job and maybe one day I will be brave enough to mess with something other than water. :)

Go for it - its not as hard as you would think and you will love your results. Just dive right in and give it a try. I bet you will be glad you did. You can start with adding herbal teas to your water and then build from there.