New to Board - My Favorite Scent Site and Cheap Containers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pa·tron·iz·ing thinsp.png[pey-truh-nahy-zing, pa-]

–adjective displaying or indicative of an offensively condescending manner: a patronizing greeting, accompanied by a gentle pat on the pack.

You don't understand the rest, I am not going to explain it again.

The 50/50 frosts? WOW! I am surprised to hear that being as it has so much paraffin in it. For my blend I use GL's 70/30 and havent ever had any frosting. Good info. :wink2:

I had a show this past weekend and the warehouse was really cold and I had no idea they turned off the heat at night so I was thinking that was the reason but I talked to Sherrie @ FH and she said that she gets that with the darker colors. So next time, I will try heating my jars....although they are in my house so they should already be room temp!

Let me welcome you to our board of a wonderful blend of folks. We love what we do and we hate to see new folks come in without the thought of protecting themselves and their customers by having insurance.

I am sorry we scared you!! BUT it is better to scare you than you burn someones home down, dont ya think???

BTW....I noticed you are using 4630...that is an awful wax with the tendancy to smoke terribly. What made you choose that wax?

I take real offense to this statement you make as if it is FACT-I use this wax and LOVE it, yes it's persnickety, but after testing out about 6 different waxes I found this one works the best for me.

Please don't start telling newbies this and that as if it's gospel, if you're going to post, post it as YOUR opinion. :rolleyes:

I added to my post plus I followed up on my email to him with there are a lot of people on this site that love it and do not have problems with it???? I should have put that in there to begin with. This is clearly my own thoughts on 4630. BUT I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this wax sucks. But if it helps you....IMO

You need to quit "adding" (editing) to your posts, it makes it confusing when people read replies and can't figure out what others are referencing when you are constantly "adding" (changing) to your original wording. :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: I only changed it because you brought it to my attention. See that is what I said about the fact that I do not like to go back to edit posts because it confuses people and makes them think you are hiding something.

What I miss! What I miss!

Dang it, had to drive down to St Louis just now and deliver an $1800.00 candle order (yes at 11pm ACK!) and you guys added 3 or 4 more pages in just a few hours!

That candle shop has been around in KC for years if its the one I'm thinking of. Love the stomped and twisted tapers they make.

Here's the deal, if I were new to candles, I would not want to hear all the fluff talk from folks here. I would want to be told the truth and not have it sugar coated. Fact is its not easy to come up with a good line of candles. Too many variables. The good news is that we all learn new things every day. Are we hard on the newbies? ... that depends on how they take the advise that we try to offer them. If they get their fur raised up and want a fight, all hell breaks loose and they get one. There are almost always 300+ candle makers on line here all the time, so that's a lot of information and that's also ALOT of opinions. No 2 candle makers are alike and God knows we all think our candles are better than anyone else's so take all of the answers you get and see what works out for you. Wax, fragrance companies, (btw I buy from over 20 fo suppliers), wicks, jars. Everyone know what works best for THEM, but it will be the new chandlers job to find out what works best for their needs.

I think you passed your initiation now, move along and let the next one in the door. LOL :D

Edited to say OH CRAP... look at my post count ... umm my next post will be the triple 6 post... I better find another thread and post so I dont give you bad luck ! hope it doesnt count edits. :(

Bruce

No kidding -- I actually read all 10 pages! I don't post very often, cause I hate to be redundant & would just be re-saying what has already been posted. I always feel sorry for a newbie that posts something that I know will turn on the heat, but I just can't pull myself away from watching the whole thing play out <ha>. Also very interesting to see the tide turn & new 'issues' being taken. I'm REALLY glad to see the original poster stick around & benefit from an enormous tank of knowledge, but rather surprised to see the attack on a supplier, Country Creek. And, no -- I don't know anyone involved. I think it's cool the original poster is getting help & has shown a great attitude when the chips were down, but a new storm is brewing... Wow, this is kinda addictive.

Susan - who added nothing important to this thread.

No kidding -- I actually read all 10 pages! I don't post very often, cause I hate to be redundant & would just be re-saying what has already been posted. I always feel sorry for a newbie that posts something that I know will turn on the heat, but I just can't pull myself away from watching the whole thing play out <ha>. Also very interesting to see the tide turn & new 'issues' being taken. I'm REALLY glad to see the original poster stick around & benefit from an enormous tank of knowledge, but rather surprised to see the attack on a supplier, Country Creek. And, no -- I don't know anyone involved. I think it's cool the original poster is getting help & has shown a great attitude when the chips were down, but a new storm is brewing... Wow, this is kinda addictive.

Susan - who added nothing important to this thread.

Country Creek isn't a supplier. But, apparently you aren't the first person to mistake her for one lol.

Beautiful Feet - two things:

HTP wicks are not cotton cored. HTP stands for "high temperature paper". They are paper cored.

Morris Wax up on north National Street in Springfield has a good variety of paraffin wax and paraffin/veggie blends and they have an Eco-Soya line too if you are interested in trying soy. It's a family business and the folks there are very helpful and nice.

Good luck to you.

Beautiful Feet - two things:

HTP wicks are not cotton cored. HTP stands for "high temperature paper". They are paper cored.

Morris Wax up on north National Street in Springfield has a good variety of paraffin wax and paraffin/veggie blends and they have an Eco-Soya line too if you are interested in trying soy. It's a family business and the folks there are very helpful and nice.

Good luck to you.

K i was under the impression that they were cotton based. Anway YOU ROCK! Thanks for the info on a close WAX SUPPLIER!