New to Board - My Favorite Scent Site and Cheap Containers

for a man of god someone is not very nice... no one is trying to be a jerk except you we are all being perfectly honest that after two months someone should not be able to sell. if something were to happen and your candles were to cause a fire you could loose everything unless you have insurance which i doubt you have. 2 months 3000 candles there's no way you tested unless you haven't slept in 2 months

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been here a couple of hours and all I have learned is this board is full of jerks. <waves goodbye laughing>

I resemble that remark LOL See Ya. Just trying to be helpful. Keep on keeping on. Hope you have insurance. Now if you really are interested in help and make a great , burning safe candle hang around. Cause the people here are wonderful this is an old tired story. Boy meets candle, boy makes candle, candle glass breaks boy and girl get sued. No insurance. End of story. Hmmm guys lets just close this one up.

DI i'm thinking the same thing.. only thing is if he's doing what i think which is buying dirt cheap and reselling it'll just put money in his pocket for a candle that may not be dangerous just a dollar store candle

No he "creates" his candles. More artistic than I could ever be.. candle creator, has a nice ring to it! Hell i just pour candles I dont create them, maybe he has more help from god than I do? Thats what the site says their his creations, I dont think he buys and sells, how could he come up with 7up pound cake without looking at NG's site. Dead give a way.

Sad that the guy could learn something here if his ego wasnt in the way. His loss.

Bruce

Looks like a spammer to me. The donate button on his site was my first clue, says he needs a new melter.

Also his behavior here was not indicative of a "good" Christian and of someone that is really trying to help the needy. End of story.

Looks like a spammer to me. The donate button on his site was my first clue, says he needs a new melter.

Also his behavior here was not indicative of a "good" Christian and of someone that is really trying to help the needy. End of story.

couldn't agree more... his site is so overly sugar coated i just think there is something wrong. donations for a wax melter obviously the one he has is just fine since he's able to pump out 3000 candles in 2 months... wish i could do that

I for one certainly don't condone anyone sending out emails to you like that, but you brought that on with your attitude.

I feel sorry for you that you cant see around your ego and maybe realize that possibly you don't know everything in your 2 months of being a candle maker. I was making my living by "creating" and selling candles in all the malls close to you in Kansas City way back in 1977. Take some advise and sit down and listen to whats being said here, geez you sound like one of my kids that of course know everything !

Bruce

I for one certainly don't condone anyone sending out emails to you like that, but you brought that on with your attitude.

I feel sorry for you that you cant see around your ego and maybe realize that possibly you don't know everything in your 2 months of being a candle maker. I was making my living by "creating" and selling candles in all the malls close to you in Kansas City way back in 1977. Take some advise and sit down and listen to whats being said here, geez you sound like one of my kids that of course know everything !

Bruce

thank you bruce well said

I realize what's its about now...

Date 12/08/06

Name - Dick Bush

E-mail - youspammer@burninhell.com

Message - What a joke you are. Pathetic. Using God as a way to spam people. What a nerve.

Nice community you got here :D

Sorry, you must have misunderstood--this was probably sent to you by one person, I seriously doubt that the board, as a collective whole, sent this out. It is not appropriate to label the whole "community" because of the actions of one. That is stereotyping.

Bruce

I introduce myself, what I'm doing, give a couple of links to the resources I have found, and ask a couple of questions and just look at all of the insults I receive <cough> not to mention hate mail.

Nowhere in my posts did I say I knew Anything let alone "know everything". I'm new and I know it, that's why I came to this site to learn more. At any rate, I bet your an awesome candle maker/creator/crafter and I'm sure I wouldn’t mind owning and burning a few. Anyway, sometimes my excitement comes off as something else.

Sorry for all of the trouble :cry2:

Anyway, sometimes my excitment comes off as something else.

Sorry for all of the trouble :cry2:

if you are seriously legit and are interested in learning more then this is definitly the site to be at... i learned so much from these people and they are so talented it makes us newbies feel like boobs lol... but you have to be careful what you say and how you say it. alot of these people have been doing this for years. no one meant any insult in the begining they were watching your back belive it or not. if you don't have your candle formula perfected it can be a fire hazard and if you don't have insurance you'll lose everything even if its for charity. don't get on the defensive so quickly alot of people are just trying to help

Its all good

Just understand there are people like you that come here and post and then we never see them again. They come in, hear things they dont want to hear, get pissed off and leave. There are new candle makers born every day and we see tons of them here each year that make us old timer laugh with their excitement they have for making candles. LOL See there I go again! Its fun, but its also a job for many of us here so like another poster said it is kind of an insult to zoom in here and post like they have been making candles for years. Glad you have calmed down some, stick around you WILL learn tons.

if you are seriously legit and are interested in learning more then this is definitly the site to be at... i learned so much from these people and they are so talented it makes us newbies feel like boobs lol... but you have to be careful what you say and how you say it. alot of these people have been doing this for years. no one meant any insult in the begining they were watching your back belive it or not. if you don't have your candle formula perfected it can be a fire hazard and if you don't have insurance you'll lose everything even if its for charity. don't get on the defensive so quickly alot of people are just trying to help

I'm sorry; I was just excited to find this resource. I honestly didn't mean to come off the way I did. And no I don't have insurance. This whole thing started out as just wanting to make a candle for me. I called a local candle maker and asked them if they did request fragrances (the cassia, aloe and myrrh taken from psalms 45:8) and they didn’t sound interested.

I had always been fascinated with candle making. During my years working in a print shop, I would frequently deliver to Creative Candles in Kansas City. Seriously, I would just stand in awe from all the wax, smells, etc. I'm sure my employer would notice the deliveries tanking longer with me behind the wheel. So, after hanging up the phone with him (about 2 1/2 months ago) I decided to try and make it.

During the same period of time I had purchased a mission share for Smith Ministries in Honduras. I thought, why just think about myself with this, why not really try and help this mission out.... I first tried votives realized that the process was taking too long - I already have a home based business with 3 children and my wife stays at home. ... anyway sometimes I need to just shut up and listen.