New to Board - My Favorite Scent Site and Cheap Containers

Hi, I started creating candles almost 2 months ago. Basically I sell candles and all of the proceeds go to Mission groups (www.beautifulfeetcandles.com). Anyway, I have found a wonderful site to purchase FO's and Cheap containers that I would like to share with this community.

1. http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/ has become my favorite. Their packaging is awesome and they generally include freebies. Also, FP and all relavent information is listed on ea. container including a color reference recommendation. One of the best features of their site is they have a rating system on the FO's where users can rate and give testimonies about their luck with the FO. On the site they give liquid and color block dye recommendations for each scent.

2. http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/ has the cheapest jars that include lids that I have been able to find. They have absolutely the best wick bars for container candles that I have been able to find (BOW TIE WICK BARS - http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/misc_supplies.html) which make centering and pouring a breeze.

Questions I have:

1. I would like to move from the traditional container to something more contemporary. I found this jar - http://www.jarstore.com/view_category.asp?cat=69 - however their shipping costs are absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have a great source for unique or contemporary containers?

2. Anyone have a good fragrance oil site that stands out above the rest with unique frangrance oil blends?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAACK!Bolt.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth, lol.

BFC....it's nice of you to share your resources, it really is, but they are nothing new to anyone who's been doing this for more than about 2 months. They all have some great stuff, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are the cheapest nor best in anything they carry.

You took the words right out of my mouth, lol.

BFC....it's nice of you to share your resources, it really is, but they are nothing new to anyone who's been doing this for more than about 2 months.

I havent found one FO site out there that has a customer feedback database for each and every scent they sell.

They all have some great stuff, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are the cheapest nor best in anything they carry.

I have been searching all over for per case savings on oval hex jars and these seem to be the cheapest I have found. If there is cheaper out there I would love to know. Also, I'm Sorry.. but I have to point this out -

"best wick bars for container candles that I have been able to find"

Thanks so much for the wealth of information. Sorry, have no idea where to find the jars you are looking for. Those jars are very nice. Did you call and ask the jar store for a quote for shipping? Sometimes the cart is a little off.

I did and wow you were right.. thanks.. Instead of $33 it was $20. Thanks so much!

It doesn't matter how "into" it he is. If he's a newby and can't even figure out where to order from, he has no business selling or giving away his product. The mission will not be pleased when their recipients go up in flames.

What is it about that that's so hard for some people to understand?

It doesn't matter how "into" it he is. If he's a newby and can't even figure out where to order from, he has no business selling or giving away his product. The mission will not be pleased when their recipients go up in flames.

Can I get an AMEN to that!

Ya that's the ticket I make WMD's <chuckle> Reading comprehension 101? If I can't figure out where to order from how have I been able to create 3,000 candles so far. Seriously, you might want to lighten up =P. These forums are fun!

Ya that's the ticket I make WMD's <chuckle> Reading comprehension 101? If I can't figure out where to order from how have I been able to create 3,000 candles so far. Seriously, you might want to lighten up =P. These forums are fun!

its not a matter of where you order from. most of us spend alot of time testing every single scent/wax/color combo to make sure our product is extremly safe and high quality. it is a little insulting to people who put in years of hard work making sure their stuff is the best it can be and other people come on here talking about candles like they know everything there is to know and that person has only been doing it a few weeks to a few months

how have I been able to create 3,000 candles so far.

Making 3000 jar candles in 2 months or less is quite a "feet" (pun)

Lets see, you split your money in half, so 2.50 a candle times 3k would be $7500.00 you have raise and mailed off to the mission already? Good job, but your really are playing with fire and you need to take it slow and make sure your products are ready for retail. I personally dont think you are ready with just a month or 2 of candle making. How much does your business insurance cost?

Bruce

its not a matter of where you order from. most of us spend alot of time testing every single scent/wax/color combo to make sure our product is extremly safe and high quality. it is a little insulting to people who put in years of hard work making sure their stuff is the best it can be and other people come on here talking about candles like they know everything there is to know and that person has only been doing it a few weeks to a few months

Whatever. You need to get outside and get some fresh air. All I was doing is sharing what I have found. The elite candle makers might not like it but if it helps someone else then your point is moot. :grin2:

Making 3000 jar candles in 2 months or less is quite a "feet" (pun)

Lets see, you split your money in half, so 2.50 a candle times 3k would be $7500.00 you have raise and mailed off to the mission already? Good job, but your really are playing with fire and you need to take it slow and make sure your products are ready for retail. I personally dont think you are ready with just a month or 2 of candle making. How much does your business insurance cost?

Bruce

$200 has been mailed off so far. And did I say 3000 jar candles? Learn to read?

my point is moot.. hm interesting.. well i suggest you read more into this board... trust me spend a couple hours hear just skipping around and i'll bet you'll learn more in those couple hours then you have in 2 months of making candles

I have been here a couple of hours and all I have learned is this board is full of jerks. <waves goodbye laughing>