New Web site

jdscreations

Love your name and colors! Just to help you out, when you click on ‘enter site’ there is a typo on the first page. ‘Remember we are offer’ should be offering and also farther down on the page where it says ‘are you interested in a no hassel online candle party?’ It should be hassle. You can also hide the Godaddy logo at the bottom of your page by right-clicking on it inside of your template and selecting to “hide it”. (If you want to)

Hope that helps! :highfive:

It's looking good. Your colors are pretty, your logo is very nice..but for a logo, it doesn't stand out there and say "HELLO" like I think it should. I know it appears as though it's supposed to be understated and pastel, a "quiet kind of beautiful" but still..I think it should be something that catches the eye and makes you rest your stare there for a moment. Maybe it's just me..but the color you use for a background appears to make your font and pictures seem very blurry. I wonder if there is another color you could use that would allow the black in the font to stand out a bit, and the pictures to show better...it's almost like I am viewing your web pages through a thin veil or something...and the muted logo isn't helping. It may seem now that I've opened my big mouth that I am over criticizing your site...I actually really like it a lot..I would just like to see it stand out there and grab some more attention! I like the template you're using, it's great for something classy and elegant, and I think you are sooooo on the right track towards that kind of site!

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate everything. When I get home I will go and correct the spelling errors. Apparently their spell checker doesn't work as well as it should (????) Thanks again everyone. I will have to try and figure out how to make the Logo bigger (I thought that it needed to come out a little more also, but couldn't seem to figure out how.). Thanks again.

When you enter into your site, you're looking at pictures but can't order. Wouldn't that part be the catalog of your site instead where you have to click to actually order? This might just be me, but I don't like having to order from another page than your actual site. Is this because your cart is through paypal? Is it possible to incorporate that into the site itself? If not, then nevermind.

I think your opening page looks nice - real professional. But I agree on the logo...it doesn't really grab my attention. Other than that, it looks good.

When I first enter your site, I go to the ......and more page, to me that is weird, I don't know why. ???

I like it, but I think the B&B stuff should have labels on them that you can see in the pics., to me they look kind of generic KWIM?

Other than that, I LOVE all your gels and the candles. :D

HTH

Hi Angela, 1st thanks again everyone. Regarding the shopping cart. I was on the phone with go daddy for it seems like forever. There isn't a way to incorporate the shopping cart exept to do it that way. Or I could put a link on the photos (hey, I didn't think of that) i thin I will try that. And Michi I have been playing around with it to get my candles or BB page up before the ..and more page. Thanks so much guys. It is so much better to have other eyes looking at this.

Cool! :D

I always am hesitant to "critque" websites and such, b/c I can only imagine just how much hard work people have put into them, having never done one myself, and don't want to come acrossed as being "mean" KWIM?

I just know that as a consumer if something seems "off" to me, or doesn't catch my eye really (like the B&B stuff) I may skip over that site. I definitely do NOT want people doing that to you, you've got some awesome products and you should do very well.

My hat is off to you, b/c everything else is beautiful, especially all of your products. :D

It's nice and clean, that's really great. In addition to the other critiques, I would also add that "Lavender" is with an e, instead of "Lavendar". Just one of those little random things that you might want to correct.

It's a great start, I like the cleanliness and order of the site.

I like your start - web pages are a pain to do, and integrating with another cart is "fun" too.

One suggestion on your pictures - on your b&b page at least, all those tiny looking pictures are over 100K each in size! I wouldn't be able to look at your site if I was on dialup at home - they were slow loading even here at work. Suggest you take them into an app and work with the resolutions - you can change the jpg compression from "high" to "medium" (or whatever your app calls it) and trim 80% of that size off without losing any picture quality.

You can incorporate Paypal into your site by creating buttons to put under each product. You simply cut and paste the HTML for your created button via paypal, and go back into your GoDaddy template, use the menu on the left of the template to add your own HTML code. It will then let you paste it inside the box that comes up, and you can position it wherever you want it on the page. That way, you won’t need to pay Godaddy for an extra shopping cart feature.

First off, Beautiful colors and layout! Nice job!!

Noticed a couple of typos:

Welcome page:

"So sit back and relax and enjoy our site. " Should be, IMO, So, sit back, relax, and, enjoy our site." Too many "and's"

Also, on same page

"Hey everyone, as an introductory offer. I would like to offer everyone a 20% discount off of your total order until the end of this year." This shouldn't be 2 sentances, or at least you need to add to the first one to complete it (or a comma instead of a period after "offer".

I agree that the logo might use some "pop," but is very beautiful!

On the description for each pic, I would suggest having them vertically aligned in the center of the pic, that way on the ones where there are 2 lines of text, it wont run underneath the pic (an easy way for this would be to use a table, 2 cells wide, the left for the pics and the right, vertical alignment=center for the text). Maybe a mouse roll over might be a nice touch as well for the pics??

And last thing I would suggest would be the image size of the pics. I agree that they take WAY too long to load, but I think the cause of that is because you loaded the full size picture and having the HTML resize it for you. I would be *TONS* faster to upload a smaller pic. The pic "bar_soap" for example, is 116 kb. if you just run it through photoshop, and adjust the size to 106 picels wide (which is what you are having HTML shrink it down to), the pic is then only 18.6kb. This will help those pics load a LOT faster.

Overall, I think the site is wonderful. The things I mentioned, I feel, are just "Minor tune up" things, nothing major. Good Job, and HTH

Joe